Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
55chev

WTT Red Top Custom Rod

7 posts in this topic

Custom made by Red Top. Older rod. Needs to be refinished. No reel seat (reel was clamped on). This is a heavy blank. There are no ratings on it. It's 10'6 long with a fairly soft tip. I got this years ago with plans to refinish it and liveline herring but never did it. Would be a great chunking rod. It is one peice so this is a pick up only situation. Looking to trade for rods, reels or anything else interesting that I will use.

I think the rod's finish needs to be stripped and re epoxied or whatever it is they finish them with. I've had it done to other rods that were in pretty tough shape, and they came out like new. The wraps are fine, it's the finish that's all beat up.

At no place on the rod are the wraps exposed to the elements. The clearcoat is still covering them, protecting them. I think it will clean up fine. If you know any of the guys in the rod building forum, ask em to take a peek and see what they think. I don't go there and don't know any of those guys or I'd ask. redface.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0