Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DodgeDakota4x4

Cell phone towers

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

i have been seeing a few of these pop up around where i live and i must say that they are ugly as hell..

1 is near the peter pan diner in bay shore, you can see it from the west bound lanes on sunrise, big eye sore

another is in the back parking lot of the north babylon fire house on hale road.. you can see this ugly thing from 231

They just installed one at the firehouse I work at in Suffolk. Not as bad as some of the others, 110', fully enclosed - it looks like a really heavy duty flag pole, the guts are surrounded by a white plastic wrapping, none of the electronics are exposed. More and more of this style going up, a little better than the ones that look the mast of a Navy ship.

I used to stack towers and do antenna work. I built many cell sites in the ny/nj area during the 90's. I used to see people all the time protesting cell towers while holding conversations on their cell phones.kooky.gif

That was many years ago.....I'm still in the industry,but happy to report both my feet stay on the ground now!!!!!biggrin.gif

Tight Lines,

Seabasstard

View PostIf the public only knew how dangerous these cell sites are. Never go near one.

As I said, at my side gig I work underneath one now. (Read: sleep)

View PostIf the public only knew how dangerous these cell sites are. Never go near one.

elaborate. cellular providers rent space on top of water towers also.. cwm31.gif

The concentration of radio waves (RF) produce radiation. And not your everday radiation from say a walkie talkie, or cordless phone, the volume of traffic produces much more potent levels.

You see these sites on many residential buildings, most times in close proximity to occupied apartments. In Manhattan, you never see cell sites. Why? The cell companies rent office space and place the attenas flush against the tinted windows. No one knows they are there. People could spend a career sitting 10ft above, below or next to these things and never know. They are everywhere.

View PostIn Jersey they make them look like fake trees on RT.4

Is that what those are?!

I thought it was weird that there was a GIANT Sequoia growing alongside the Garden State Parkway!! LMAO