Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IsmailG

Trapping Eels in North Jersey

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I have thrown my pot in the passaic river and some local ponds where i have actually caught eels while fishing for FW species before and no luck yet. Tried stank bunker, chicken, bread etc. Anyone have some suggestions on where to throw my pot? Not looking for an eel trap spot burn lol

hot dog chunks. There's a spot down the street from my apartment where you can't put a worm on the bottom without catching an eel. I live about 10 minutes from you, let me know if you want me to show it to you.

Hey Ismail...I have been trying myself. From what I have heard crushed mussels and crushed crabs are supposed to work. Havent for me yet. When you say pot...do you mean an actual eel pot? Where can I get one? I have been trying in a killie pot since I've heard its supposed to work.

View PostHey Ismail...I have been trying myself. From what I have heard crushed mussels and crushed crabs are supposed to work. Havent for me yet. When you say pot...do you mean an actual eel pot? Where can I get one? I have been trying in a killie pot since I've heard its supposed to work.

Its the same thing as a killie pot really, just longer.

I don't know if it's legal or not but supposedly horseshoe crabs are the best eel trap bait you can get.