Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CB900SS

Fluke!

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Well I thought boat fishing was cheating and no fun. Boy was I wrong, this fluke fishing is some serious fun!

Both just under 7lbs. Are my arms out far enough? Or should I try and hold the fish with the tips of my fingers next time? cwm27.gif

SL372240.jpg

View PostLive Bait?

Well bucktails tipped with something... Possibly live bait that we will be keeping a stock of for the next month or so. wink.gif My friend called it something... "Cocaine for fluke!" He wasn't kidding.

View Post"I thought boat fishing was cheating" LMAO

I love guys who say that...

Notice how I said that I was wrong about it not being fun, I never said anything about it not being cheating. shaky.gif

I'm a surf rat, and in the surf or on a jetty is where its at for me.

View PostWell I thought boat fishing was cheating and no fun. Boy was I wrong, this fluke fishing is some serious fun!

Both just under 7lbs. Are my arms out far enough? Or should I try and hold the fish with the tips of my fingers next time? cwm27.gif

SL372240.jpg

I took the maiden voyage on my kayak for fluke on saturday AM.. I had a boat load of fish (fluke, bass, blues) all on bucktail with fluke crack as well, but I too had a couple BIG fluke.. going back out tonite for some more love.. I can deal with this kayak thing.. LOL

Bc

View PostI took the maiden voyage on my kayak for fluke on saturday AM.. I had a boat load of fish (fluke, bass, blues) all on bucktail with fluke crack as well, but I too had a couple BIG fluke.. going back out tonite for some more love.. I can deal with this kayak thing.. LOL

Bc

That's awesome man! I to can deal with this boat thing... I guess. biggrin.gif

We had a few sea robins mixed in, and my friend hooked into about a 5lb blue. Dropped it just before the boat, but he had a nice fight on that light tackle.

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I would revive an old one.

Has the fluke fishing slowed? I know the party boats have switched it up, but how about you guys? Are they only out in deeper water now? I have seen a ton of PB around and figured I would head out for some fluke on the SS, but we are really not looking to hit the ocean. We still have a while to go before the season ends. Do they make it back to the shallows when the water starts to cool? or does it all depend on baitfish patterns?