Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

it's the NAACP, not Shirley Sherrod.

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Let's get this straightened out for the final time.

In that video, Shirley Sherrod admitted she was a racist twenty something years ago. She did this by telling the audience at the NAACP event how she treated a white farmer. At that time, the NAACP crowd applauded her actions from those twenty something years ago. She then went on to say that she was wrong to treat the white farmer that way. Yes, the NAACP members applauded her BEFORE she told them that she was wrong to act the way she did.

It is not Shirley Sherrod who is being called a racist. The people accused of being racists are the NAACP members who applauded the treatment of the white farmer by her.

This is in response to the whole NAACP vote on the Tea Party being the racists.

Is it that difficult for people to understand?

However, we can determine that Shirley Sherrod is a Marxist. She says that it's not about white vs black, but it's the haves vs the have-nots. Yes, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

View PostLet's get this straightened out for the final time.

In that video, Shirley Sherrod admitted she was a racist twenty something years ago. She did this by telling the audience at the NAACP event how she treated a white farmer. At that time, the NAACP crowd applauded her actions from those twenty something years ago. She then went on to say that she was wrong to treat the white farmer that way. Yes, the NAACP members applauded her BEFORE she told them that she was wrong to act the way she did.

It is not Shirley Sherrod who is being called a racist. The people accused of being racists are the NAACP members who applauded the treatment of the white farmer by her.

This is in response to the whole NAACP vote on the Tea Party being the racists.

From what I've heard, seen, and otherwise pieced together, I'm inclined to endorse as correct, your view of this swirling controversy.

As you point out, what's key is the conference's sequence; what Sherrod said and when, and the NAACP members' applause within that sequence.

Maybe they applauded because she said the farmer talked down to her and was racially condescending.

Her change in attitude was attributed to her realizing she was helping poor people no matter their race.

I also agree, but it should have been in context as well, and then make the argument. Clearly, it was more shocking to edit it, but also dead wrong.

View PostMaybe they applauded because she said the farmer talked down to her and was racially condescending.

Her change in attitude was attributed to her realizing she was helping poor people no matter their race.

No.

They applauded how she treated the farmer.

But yes, her attitude did change because she realized she was wrong to be a racist.

Now she's just a Marxist.

The story just gets more complicated by the hour:

After her father was shot to death by a white man, "I decided to stay in the South and work for change," Shirley Sherrod.

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Shirley Miller Sherrod has spent most of her life fighting injustice.

On the Baker County, Georgia, farm where the Miller family grew corn, peanuts, cotton and cucumbers and raised hogs, cows and goats, oldest daughter Shirley despised the work.

"I swore I would never have anything to do with a farm past high school," she said Wednesday with an easy chuckle. "I would talk to the sun as I picked cotton and picked cucumbers and worked out there in that hot field, and [say], 'This is not the life for me.' I didn't want to have anything to do with agriculture ever again."

On the night in 1965 when her father, Hosie Miller, a black man and a deacon at Thankful Baptist Church, was shot to death by a white farmer in what ostensibly was a dispute over a few cows, Sherrod -- then 17 years old -- changed her mind.

"I decided to stay in the South and work for change," said Sherrod, now 62, who believes her father's killing was more about a Southern black man speaking up to a white man than about who owned which animals. The all-white grand jury didn't bring charges against the shooter.

That summer, when she and several other blacks went to the county courthouse to register to vote, the county sheriff blocked the door and even pushed her husband-to-be, Lester Sherrod, down the stairs, she said. Activists used that incident to get a restraining order against the sheriff so blacks could register to vote, she said

View PostMaybe they applauded because she said the farmer talked down to her and was racially condescending.

If that were true, we would expect to hear jeers when she said that. Instead there were laughs when she said she did less than she could have.

or you are right cwm27.gif

MAYBE...is a favorite word among the touchy/feely crowd...

touchy/feely is a big part of what has gotten us to where we are today!

Jr. T-ball....no scoring, no outs, no tagging, everyone gets to bat, can't have ice cream after the game, too much fat....cwm27.gif

Please raise your hand if you feel that the NAACP is not, has not, ever will be a racist organization!wink.gif

Some of the crowd did voice a positive response to her treatment of the white farmer.

She says she and the farmer became friends.So she became friends with a man that talked down to her, or she realized she had let her prejudice cloud her perceptions and went on the do the right thing, or he did talk down to her and she ignored it and went on to do the right thing?

We may never really know the real truth here as there is often three sides to a story.

The issue to me, in the video, is the NAACP,there are likely some racists there.They were comfortable enough in their surroundings to vocalize their feelings during her talk about not doing as much as she could have for the white farmer.The NAACP needs to clean it's own house before casting stones to another's house.

I also think there are likely some racists in the Tea Party.

Based on his quotes made before the release of the video it's clear his intent was to show the NAACP engaged in what he calls racism. His position before and after the video release is consistent, the focus was the NAACP.

SOMETHING IN THE AIR

Breitbart to NAACP president: 'Go to hell'

Journalist insists black leaders, not tea partiers, are real 'racists'

Posted: July 17, 2010

12:45 am Eastern

By Drew Zahn

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

100716breitbart.jpg

Andrew Breitbart

Internet journalist Andrew Breitbart unleashed a tirade on talk radio yesterday, blasting the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People for its condemnation of tea partiers as "racist," instead charging the NAACP itself with racism and telling its president where he can "go."

"Let me say something a tad newsworthy to the president of the NAACP: You can go to hell," Breitbart said. "I have tapes, a tape, of racism, and it's an NAACP dinner. You want to play with fire? I have evidence of racism, and it's coming from the NAACP."

Breitbart made the explosive comments on the air with Scott Hennen, who hosts a morning talk show on WZFG 1100 AM in Fargo, N.D.

View PostMAYBE...is a favorite word among the touchy/feely crowd...

touchy/feely is a big part of what has gotten us to where we are today!

Jr. T-ball....no scoring, no outs, no tagging, everyone gets to bat, can't have ice cream after the game, too much fat....cwm27.gif

Please raise your hand if you feel that the NAACP is not, has not, ever will be a racist organization!wink.gif

Woah horsey! He may be right was said just to get him to stop cwm27.gif .

or you are right cwm27.gif

If you have an inferiority complex everyone talks down to you.

Its a lie the mind tells itself to justify its twisting of the truth.

Its about the NAACP, rev Jim Wright is a popular speaker I hear.

What more do you need to know to form your views.

Granted a right winger site but there are some good points made.

In particular the claim NAACP president who pushed for Sherrod's resignation was in the audience during her speech and had possession of the entire video. If this is true how despicable is that?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shirley Sherrod: Don't step back...

... not one inch. Thirty hours in, the strange case of Shirley Sherrod's "racist-turned victim-turned racist" has shown every one of the fractions of intellectual inches upon which rest the modern liberal/progressive ideology.

c6c7d7404145c162 Andrew Breitbart First, the fundamental premise of the original video release is unrefuted by the progressive victim chorus. The audience, including the aptly named NAACP President Ben Jealous, are clearly sympathetic to the initial, blatantly racist Sherrod admissions. The cynical hypocrisy behind the NAACP's provably false attacks on Tea Party activists is rendered irrefutable by the conduct of the NAACP convention delegates themselves-including, did I mention, current President Ben Jealous.

50f7214026aa2c98 Shirley Sherrod Second, Sherrod lifts her speech into some pretty lofty heights, but finishes with some pretty divisive, although not overtly racist commentary about Republicans. Sherrod's partisan commentary clearly violates multiple federal statutes and regulations that prohibit partisan activity through the instrumentality of federal employment. Sherrod probably should have been terminated for such misconduct as violations of federal law in federal office, but was rather peremptorily terminated for the mistaken charge of racism.

Third, Ben Jealous has even less credibility than Tom Vilsack. Tough call, I know. Jealous now claims to have been snookered by Fox News into a shrill denunciation of Sherrod shortly after the video broke. Jealous' statements are facially preposterous. The reader might think the fact that Sherrod was fired before Fox aired the story is dispositive of Jealous' lie; but its not. Even stronger arguments exist against Jealous' excursion into disingenuity.

Jealous himself was in the room for the Sherrod speech and personally knew of its entire contents and the context in which it appeared. If Mr. Jealous and I share a short attention span and a chatty disposition, as I expect we do, he might have missed some of the Sherrod speech. Unlike me, or Bill O'Reilly, or Andrew Breitbart, Ben Jealous had access to a video recording of the Sherrod speech because the NAACP was, honest to God, the custodian of entire video recording at all times relevant hereto.

Ex Governor Vilsack, as So***, fired Sherrod without a hearing, as he has now admitted. Whatever one might conclude about Sherrod, and I'll get to that one, firing someone based on a thirty second Internet video without a hearing is pretty base and cowardly behavior. The message to the Democrat voting base is also clear, that bus coming up behind you does not plan to brake when it reaches you.

Finally, Sherrod herself is either the willing tool of the Chicago style cynicism of this White House or the hate filled ogre she described herself as having been some twenty six years ago. After being rehired by the Department of Agriculture Sherrod went on air with Media Matters and delivered a diatribe of racial invective at Fox News. The Sherrod diatribe against Fox was and is utterly unsupported by any objective fact. See Ben Jealous, above.

Now, having been caught in a trick bag entirely of its own creation, the liberal hate machine has fired up accusations of racism against all who air or raise the foregoing now obvious facts. This is going to get ugly; if they fire a Shirley Sherrod because they fear her story might appear on Beck what will they do to those who demonstrate the multiplicity of this Administration's deficiencies in character that are revealed by the Sherrod episode.