Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildcard777

Teasers - Plastic or Hair

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Which teasers do you think are most effective when paired with either a metal lip or plastic swimmer? Redgill, Bucktail, Hackle, Fin-S? Have any of you ever tried a plain 3" Grub or paddletail?

View PostWhich teasers do you think are most effective when paired with either a metal lip or plastic swimmer? Redgill, Bucktail, Hackle, Fin-S? Have any of you ever tried a plain 3" Grub or paddletail?

All work in the right condition, i.e.what type of bait is in the water, time of day, etc. Im partial to hackle deceivers I tie myself, similar to what Tim sells in the on-line store. Seem to out fish anything else I have used as a teaser, tie em sparse when sand eels, and spearing are around. And bulkier when peanuts, and finger mullet are running.

I am partial to the ones I tie myself, usually bucktailed base with a hackle to give it some length especially when the sand eels are prevalent. I almost always use some peacock herl along the spine even when I am tying white.

No one will argue with success of red gills and fin-s(es) though. Just my preference to try and tie something similiar to present bait.

I use North Pacific Needlefish Hoochies.

They come in LOTS of colors, don't cost much and, IMHO, work better than any other teaser I have used. Here is a picture of one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=231754&d=123

Hackle and hair. I like 'em both, and usually don't use anything but.

Ya know what? I tie my own, and on more than one occasion I've been told that they are ugly! lol

But they catch bass, and that's what matters. smile.gif

View PostI use North Pacific Needlefish Hoochies.

They come in LOTS of colors, don't cost much and, IMHO, work better than any other teaser I have used. Here is a picture of one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=231754&d=123

Great for Fluke also! biggrin.gif