Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Fox News

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

well this is the second time in a week they aired something without doing most basic fact checking.

I think they should follow the lead of the WWE and drop the word News from their name for Entertainment and add some sort of disclaimer about really being a news network, more like a gossip column.

Reminds me of when Oreilly (who I like) played the story of the girl that claimed to have a black person carve letters into her face for Obama.

Once it was found out that she actually did it, the show did not come back to say the story was false.

We could tell lots of stories though, not just for Fox News, but all so called news...

It was aired AFTER her firing. It was then aired the same way it was originally posted. In fact it was fox news who went to the woman's defense after it found out it was taken out of context.

The white house is the one to blame for jumping the gun.

View PostReminds me of when Oreilly (who I like) played the story of the girl that claimed to have a black person carve letters into her face for Obama.

Once it was found out that she actually did it, the show did not come back to say the story was false.

We could tell lots of stories though, not just for Fox News, but all so called news...

Tawana Brawley

View Postwell this is the second time in a week they aired something without doing most basic fact checking.

I think they should follow the lead of the WWE and drop the word News from their name for Entertainment and add some sort of disclaimer about really being a news network, more like a gossip column.

Yeh, who do they think they are, Dan Rather?

View PostIt was aired AFTER her firing. It was then aired the same way it was originally posted. In fact it was fox news who went to the woman's defense after it found out it was taken out of context.

The white house is the one to blame for jumping the gun.

So journalistic ethics do not matter, eh?

Or is journalistic ethics only applied to the librul media.

talk about crocodile tears on the part of fox. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

People just need to know when they are watching the news and when they are watching analysis. Look, there's no question the lines are blurred all the time but it happens on every station. The reason FOX is such a shock to everyone is because they are the only conservative slant channel in an ocean of left leaning channels.

View PostSo journalistic ethics do not matter, eh?

Good grief...when have journalistic ethics been applied to the liberal media let alone any media? Read the post on the AZ law. Most folks on here who were against the law didn't even know what the final version said. Why? Because the channels they watch kept reporting it incorrectly. Even last Sunday Bob Sheiffer misrepresented the final bill by saying that you could be stopped for looking Mexican.

View PostSo journalistic ethics do not matter, eh?

You really got all that from my post? kooky.gif They were reporting exactly what was posted. And indeed exposed it for what it was....a smear.

How do you define "journalistic ethics" confused.gif

View PostPeople just need to know when they are watching the news and when they are watching analysis. Look, there's no question the lines are blurred all the time but it happens on every station. The reason FOX is such a shock to everyone is because they are the only conservative slant channel in an ocean of left leaning channels.

'we report, you decide." that holier than thou marketing may also have something to do with it

View Post'we report, you decide." that holier than thou marketing may also have something to do with it

" News you can trust " ~ CNN. Yeah right. I have a very close and personal experience with CNN that proves that completely wrong.

View PostGood grief...when have journalistic ethics been applied to the liberal media let alone any media? Read the post on the AZ law. Most folks on here who were against the law didn't even know what the final version said. Why? Because the channels they watch kept reporting it incorrectly. Even last Sunday Bob Sheiffer misrepresented the final bill by saying that you could be stopped for looking Mexican.

not my point. all these jokers need to have the microscope put on them.

i have no problem calling couric, williams, olbermann et al. entertainers.

it seems the conservativos have no problem busting chops on librul media (with good cause) but just cannot pull the trigger on the great "news" god fox.

View Post" News you can trust " ~ CNN. Yeah right. I have a very close and personal experience with CNN that proves that completely wrong.

exactly. i agree. people who defend one or the other (fox vs.msnbc or cnn or cbs et al.) just show partisan hackery.

View PostYou really got all that from my post? kooky.gif They were reporting exactly what was posted. And indeed exposed it for what it was....a smear.

How do you define "journalistic ethics" confused.gif

Really? They lambasted Breitbart?

Click on the link below. I know it's a lot of reading for most TV viewers, but it is from a conservative who is a fellow at the Am. Enterprise Institute and worth it.

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/20...ervative-media

View PostReally? They lambasted Breitbart?

Click on the link below. I know it's a lot of reading for most TV viewers, but it is from a conservative who is a fellow at the Am. Enterprise Institute and worth it.

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/20...ervative-media

I realise they lambasted him after they found out it was out of context as they should have.