Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bartlask

Which Side?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Amazing as it might sound I've NEVER fished the ditch! Without giving away the "secret" spots do you guys perfer the mainland side or the Cape side? I'll be in West Yarmouth the first week of August so I might swing down and give it a shot. Thx, Bart

I'm a relative novice, having only fished the ditch maybe 150 times. But I believe the correct answer is "neither". Spend all your money at a local tackle shop on a nice surfcasting setup (preferably two), and fish the MIDDLE!

I fish the inside usually, although some of my offerings have ended on the bank.

To answer your question, I fish both. It alll depends on the factors Bob mentioned as well as time of day.

View PostBob G, above.

And I'll add the wind and being able to park and fish in quiet spots.

I have learned many spots on both sides so I can adapt as needed.

Time to go now! smile.gif

Me too. See ya around 1:30am.HappyWave.gif

Overall access is better on the capeside. There's virtually no nighttime access on the mainland side right now between the Bourne and RR bridges, due to the re-paving of the RRB lot, and the blocking of the Canal Crossings access behind the BB post office, and the nighttime parking restrictions on Old Bridge Rd.

Mid-Canal, mainland side access between the Herring Run and the Bourne is difficult without a bike, or by exercising your walking muscles.