Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfflyfish4stripers

Cookout for the Plug Bash

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

We have to bring some food, snacks etc...

Here's a quick who's bringing what:

Burgers, Dogs, Sausage, and/or the related buns/rolls

Condiments (ketchup, mustard, pickles, salt, pepper, etc.)

Chips, etc.

Soda/Bottled Water/Juice or other beverages

Salads (green salad, potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, or whatever)

Utensils (knives, forks, plates, bowls, cups, napkins)

TRASH BAGS

Cheese for burgers

Dessert type items

Anything else you may want to bring will work to make this better.

Just shout out whichever items you can/will bring etc.

If someone who's local can snag a grill and bring it down that would be awesome. I'll try and have a small gas grill but if we have a good turnout it will be a good wait on the small grill for burgers etc.

we are going to have a Blast.

I think the link isn't allowed on here.

I clicked on it, and it brought me up a map of the US.

Unless, of course, your intention was to let us know we were doing this in the United States. If so, well, then I apologize biggrin.gif

View PostI think the link isn't allowed on here.

I clicked on it, and it brought me up a map of the US.

Unless, of course, your intention was to let us know we were doing this in the United States. If so, well, then I apologize biggrin.gif

thats ok, i posted the address on the first thread, so probably you can mapquest.

When we plan the cook out let's do it right. The last time we were at Weekapaug was the first cook out at a bash. while it was most welcomed it was in disarray. The tiny grill was humpin most of the afternoon. The table space was limited etc. Food and condiments spread everywhere.

With over 2 months to plan I am sure we can do it right. Maybe set up the eats so the bash kind of gathers all around it. I will do everything I can as an out of towner to help out. Once we see what everyone is bringing I will fill in where I can.

I like to get to the area sometimes as much as a week earlier to fish. Rent a place and have some fun. If anyone would like to join me maybe we can get a beach house......OR......If you guys are going to rent one of those condos let me know.

Thanks

View PostWhen we plan the cook out let's do it right. The last time we were at Weekapaug was the first cook out at a bash. while it was most welcomed it was in disarray. The tiny grill was humpin most of the afternoon. The table space was limited etc. Food and condiments spread everywhere.

With over 2 months to plan I am sure we can do it right. Maybe set up the eats so the bash kind of gathers all around it. I will do everything I can as an out of towner to help out. Once we see what everyone is bringing I will fill in where I can.

I like to get to the area sometimes as much as a week earlier to fish. Rent a place and have some fun. If anyone would like to join me maybe we can get a beach house......OR......If you guys are going to rent one of those condos let me know.

Thanks

i agree with you there charlestown. we can schedule the food so one or 2 persons wont be stuck on the grill while others go fish and so on, we can have the grill going for about 12-3pm and the grill will be put away and everyone help to clean up,then we can hit the beach, teamwork here fellas.

Here is a thought I had and I'll throw it out for discussion.

Make the entry fee one plug you made.

Someone, hopefully not a plugbuilder, sets things up.

A couple grills

a table for condiments

Paper towels, napkins, water and deal with the garbage

couple of coolers with ice.

All the little things that never really quite come together.

He gets one plug from each attendee.

NO, I am not interested and I think most of the plugbuilders would like it if someone dealt with that stuff. Heck, it's worth two plugs to me.

I'll check to see what is in the garage. I think I have cups and paper plates. More important, however is expense for burgers beverages etc. I'll kick in twenty bucks to help offset costs. To whom should I send the check? Tom

View PostI'll check to see what is in the garage. I think I have cups and paper plates. More important, however is expense for burgers beverages etc. I'll kick in twenty bucks to help offset costs. To whom should I send the check? Tom

Tom, just spend it in soda or hot dogs.

i'm bringing the 4 bags hot dog bread and 4 hamburger bread.

need

cheese

burgers

hot dogs

chips like doritos, cookies etc.. sweets

soda, ice, coolers

ketchup, mustard

relish

water

and maybe chicken legs and barbeque sauce

THE GRILLclapping.gif AND CHARCOAL.

any other suggestions?

who's in for what?

Just a thought. Noticed you aren't overwhelmed with cookout volunteers. how about lunch in a nearby hotel, motel and let them do the cooking etc. still plenty of time to do whatever it is we do! highfive.gif Tom

View PostJust a thought. Noticed you aren't overwhelmed with cookout volunteers. how about lunch in a nearby hotel, motel and let them do the cooking etc. still plenty of time to do whatever it is we do! highfive.gif Tom

second that, last year and the one before wasn't a lot of grilling, just simple. lets vote on it.

grilling or not?

opinions please.

Just got my confirmation from the Andrea hotel. Dining room open serving breakfast lunch and dinner. Facilities look nice. So we are good if that spot is chosen. Tom