Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
h00dstar215

Brandon Phillips vs. Chase Utley

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

"Chase Utley is the best-hitting second baseman. Do I think I'm better than him all-around? Yes, I do. That's just my opinion. That's not me being cocky. It's about me being confident and believing in myself. You have to believe in yourself to play this game, because this game will kill you." - Brandon Phillips

Two questions: Brandon being cocky?

Who in your opinion is better between these two?

I understand the comment, you have to believe in yourself but.......

Full season ML stats:

Utley

03 - .239

04 - .266

05 - .291

06 - .309

07 - .332

08 - .292

09 - .282

10 - .277

Phillips

03 - .208

06 - .276

07 - .288

08 - .261

09 - .276

10 - .287

Utley definitely gets it over Phillips. Phillips is good, dont get me wrong, but Utley has the experience, and has the composure when he is in high pressure situations. Being on a team like the Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees can only get you better. Mainly because teams like those are almost positive to give you year after year playoff appearances.

Utley gets the edge but Phillips is excellent .

Hmmmm..... i take that back . i believe Phillips is better now .

Utley's best days are behind him , him being a Roid child and all . ;)

one thing is for sure , Phillips is a way more likable guy .

hahaha you literally just lost all credibility talking about sports with the roid comment

hahaha you literally just lost all credibility talking about sports with the roid comment

Oh ?

What team does Brandon Phillips and Chase Utley play for? :D Utley has 8 full seasons and Phillips only has 6 full seasons behind him, why?

Utley has a lifelong batting average of .293 and a post season batting average of .243 with a career fielding percentage of .982.

Phillips has a lifelong batting average of .269 and a post season batting average of .333 with a career fielding percentage of .987.

Robinson Cano has a lifelong batting average of .308 and a post season batting average of .248 with a career fielding percentage of .985

Now to answer the question who's better, Brandon or Chase. I don't normally watch either of these guys so have to go by statistics alone, so it would have to be

What team does Brandon Phillips and Chase Utley play for? :D Utley has 8 full seasons and Phillips only has 6 full seasons behind him, why?

Utley has a lifelong batting average of .293 and a post season batting average of .243 with a career fielding percentage of .982.

Phillips has a lifelong batting average of .269 and a post season batting average of .333 with a career fielding percentage of .987.

Robinson Cano has a lifelong batting average of .308 and a post season batting average of .248 with a career fielding percentage of .985

Now to answer the question who's better, Brandon or Chase. I don't normally watch either of these guys so have to go by statistics alone, so it would have to be

keep in mind Phillips is a grand total of 4 for 12 in the postseason...

Utley is 36 or 148

Cano is 35 for 141

Take stats with a grain of salt