Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheech

Where are the LI sound bluefish?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I've yak fished 2-3 times a week since april,caught over 110 stripers, and have yet to catch a bluefish.I realize its alittle early but usually by now I would have caught some.I hear the chompers are around,but not for me.Anyone else having a bluefish drought?

Cheech, where have you been fishing, just curious. Between the cocktails that have been around since mid June and the gators that found the bunker two weeks ago, there all over my area in western suffolk county?

I'm in the western sound believe it or not, Rye-PortChester, or City Island-New Rochelle. I have heard its a very early bite,I have not seen a whole lot of bunker, and I'm more inshore then offshore.I don't target bass 100%,but thats what I'm catching so far.

View PostI'm in the western sound believe it or not, Rye-PortChester, or City Island-New Rochelle. I have heard its a very early bite,I have not seen a whole lot of bunker, and I'm more inshore then offshore.I don't target bass 100%,but thats what I'm catching so far.

Out of Rye myself...I had a nice striper run with very few blues and now have been catching the blues pretty regularly (except last night redface.gif). Like guys already stated - find the bunks and you will find the blues. I have also been chunking out in the middle at night with decent success.

View PostFinally got a bluefish, as well as 25 bass to 26" on the yak with the tube and worm.

If all you are getting is dinky bass, maybe you should try something besides the T&W.

Where are the Western Sound Bays? South Shore sucker here not catching squat....haven't even seen a Bunker jump

Must admit I have been strictly night fishing and have not tried the early AM bite.

Can someone burn a spot please? hahahaha