Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
put_em_back

Funny Things You See On The Pier

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Walked along the cliffs from Linda Mar to the Pier Sunday and it was a great day. You see all kinds of things on the pier and some are too funny. Of course there are always the people reeling spinning reels on top of the rod, but Sunday there were a couple of better ones.

I saw a guy who was using the wire hook holder mounted right above the handle as the gathering guide. He had threaded the line through the hook holder and up the rest of the guides. I bet it was a bear to cast.

The best was the guy fishing a buzz bait off the pier kooky.gif. Yes, a black bass buzz bait. You may ask how you do that and I'd have to tell you that you this guy was pretty smart. He had white buzz bait rigged with a 3 or 4 oz pyramid sinker about 3 ft above the buzz bait. Takes ingenuity to fish a buzz bait from so high off the water.

Oh, I saw a pretty good one last year at HMB jetties. So this guy was casting a Penn Long Beach + boat rod w/ a rockcod fly rig. As a sinker/lure, he was using a large flatfish plug (you know the ones you use for salmon in the river). This guy was maybe (I mean maybe) getting 20ft casts with the thing. It was pretty comical.

View PostOh, I saw a pretty good one last year at HMB jetties. So this guy was casting a Penn Long Beach + boat rod w/ a rockcod fly rig. As a sinker/lure, he was using a large flatfish plug (you know the ones you use for salmon in the river). This guy was maybe (I mean maybe) getting 20ft casts with the thing. It was pretty comical.

and he more than likely got a fish too they always do

I saw an african american family one time at the pier that was using KFC honey bbq wings in their crab net. Apparently there wasn't any "inner city" crabs around because they weren't catching anythingwink.gif

A couple at the berkley pier having sex about 3:00am in the morning. The funny part about it was the womans legs where draped over the wind barrier. Her legs where hanging over the wooden barrier("She was hanging upside down") and moaning. We thought she was hurt and went over there to help when we seen them making heart.gif ! Needless to say we where redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif and so where them tworedface.gifkooky.gif !

View PostA couple at the berkley pier having sex about 3:00am in the morning. The funny part about it was the womans legs where draped over the wind barrier. Her legs where hanging over the wooden barrier("She was hanging upside down") and moaning. We thought she was hurt and went over there to help when we seen them making heart.gif ! Needless to say we where redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif and so where them tworedface.gifkooky.gif !

Pics?...biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

View PostA couple at the berkley pier having sex about 3:00am in the morning. The funny part about it was the womans legs where draped over the wind barrier. Her legs where hanging over the wooden barrier("She was hanging upside down") and moaning. We thought she was hurt and went over there to help when we seen them making heart.gif ! Needless to say we where redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif and so where them tworedface.gifkooky.gif !

a portapotty wasn't available? it would have been cleaner. those windbreaks at BP are nasty.

View Posta portapotty wasn't available? it would have been cleaner. those windbreaks at BP are nasty.

People at the BP use the windbreaks as portapotties. cwm31.gif