Were can I send my Tiogas?

Rate this topic

Chigger

View PostI have a couple Teton Tiogas that went on the fritz. They are relatively new and never been fished.

Does anyone know of a place that repairs these reels.

Wish I had money to replace them with something else.

Thanks

tioga repair

I just came across a Teton Tioga repair service recommended by the new Teton company.

---

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at those suggestions.

Dave, one has a drag that won't tighten, and the other has one that won't budge.

ps Not sure if you remember, but you bought a tarpon from me several years back. How did it serve you? Is it still in your fleet?

View Posttioga repair

I just came across a Teton Tioga repair service recommended by the new Teton company.

I have sent in my service request. Thanks for the link, we'll see if it works. I hope so as I can't relace reels right now.

View PostWow, you almost never hear of tiogas going on the "fritz". Much less two at a time. Sorry to hear it. What exactly is wrong with them if you don't mind me asking.

Mine is on the "fritz". Can't get the spool off, and the retrieve is at the same pressure as the drag (supposed to be retrieve little pressure, easy to reel in, drag lots of "drag", hard t reel in)

The guy wrote me back already and it will cost me $35 for the two of them.

I will give it a try cause I got nothing right now if they don't work.

I do have one working that will tide me over for now. Thanks for the offer Dave.

Don't know. And your right about the comment. However, my other (working) one I have had for 5yrs and never a problem. And it is no secret as to this reels popularity in the inexpensive department.

For $35 I will try it out. This will give me some time to use the reels while saving and researching to replace them.

View PostDon't know. And your right about the comment. However, my other (working) one I have had for 5yrs and never a problem. And it is no secret as to this reels popularity in the inexpensive department.

For $35 I will try it out. This will give me some time to use the reels while saving and researching to replace them.

Who was $35 to fix 2 reels? Bill Archuleta in Grants Pass Oregon or the people that Teton gave?

Not sure if I'm going to send them in now.

While unspooling the line to prepare the reels for service, the one working tioga decides to have a slipping drag. No clicker. Something is screwie.

I take good care of my stuff. A bunch of people onthis site have bought stuff from me and know this.

Not sure if I want to bother with Teton.

I might just wait and buy Orvis, because I know I can walk into the store and get something fixed or replaced.

Not happy. I'm just about out of reels. And I am out of reels I want to use.

View PostNot sure if I'm going to send them in now.

While unspooling the line to prepare the reels for service, the one working tioga decides to have a slipping drag. No clicker. Something is screwie.

I take good care of my stuff. A bunch of people onthis site have bought stuff from me and know this.

Not sure if I want to bother with Teton.

I might just wait and buy Orvis, because I know I can walk into the store and get something fixed or replaced.

Not happy. I'm just about out of reels. And I am out of reels I want to use.

I never did have an outgoing clicker with my Tioga, only the annoying incoming sound which I always disliked. However, if you're sending them in for servicing, it would include fixing the slipping drag plus the clicker, would it not? For the $35, I still think it's a better deal than disposing of them.