Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
todo012

Rod Difference

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Im thinking about getting a Ugly stick or a Tsunami Trophy. They are both 9ft, Medium Heavy action and are both rated at 1-4oz.

Ugly Stick

Heavy

Can take a beating

Tsunamit Trophy

Light

Are there any benefits to upgrading to the Trophy besides the weightheadscratch.gif ?

Thank you,

The Tsunami Trophy Series brings you premium surf rods for big surf duty. Quality construction and performance for professional anglers and enthusiasts alike.

Rods are outfitted with light, thin, tough cork grips with short Eva caps at the reel seat. Precision tapered blanks are constructed with unidirectional graphite composite and a specially designed, action-tuned outer layer of high modulus mesh graphite for more power with minimal weight and increased resistance to damage.

View PostThe Tsunami Trophy Series brings you premium surf rods for big surf duty. Quality construction and performance for professional anglers and enthusiasts alike.

Rods are outfitted with light, thin, tough cork grips with short Eva caps at the reel seat. Precision tapered blanks are constructed with unidirectional graphite composite and a specially designed, action-tuned outer layer of high modulus mesh graphite for more power with minimal weight and increased resistance to damage.

copy/paste FTMFL. beatin.gif

View PostThe Tsunami Trophy Series brings you premium surf rods for big surf duty. Quality construction and performance for professional anglers and enthusiasts alike.

cwm13.gif...and when it breaks in half after a half hour they give you a new one..Twice cwm27.gif.

The Tsunami Airwave however gets a icon14.gif....at least from me.

I never broke my Tsunami, and it outcasts an Ugly Stik by far, and is much more sensitive. icon14.gif

PS: If I can't break it, it's damn near unbreakable.

View PostI never broke my Tsunami, and it outcasts an Ugly Stik by far, and is much more sensitive. icon14.gif

PS: If I can't break it, it's damn near unbreakable.

I'm assuming yours is a Trophy... Can only say I broke 2, 10' MH 3 to 6 oz throwing 4 oz's. First outing, both brand new.

The 3rd one they gave me I still have but it's for backup only. Bad batch maybe....don't know.

View PostI'm assuming yours is a Trophy... Can only say I broke 2, 10' MH 3 to 6 oz throwing 4 oz's. First outing, both brand new.

The 3rd one they gave me I still have but it's for backup only. Bad batch maybe....don't know.

Not sure if it's a Trophy, but I do think so. Mine was 7 feet, and I ended up selling it to a friend, hundreds of fish later...

I have a 11 trophy conv. Prob 6 or 7 years old with no problems. A friend also has one who does way more chunking then me and his is also going strong. Not sure what type of fishing your looking to do. If your planning on tossing lures and you like Tsunami you might want to check out the airwave.

I own that Trophy. Don't own the 9' Ugly Stick, but I have a few others--all retiired as I bought better rods. The Trophy is about 1000% more rod than the Ugly. Yes the Ugly is indestructible, but that's because it has no backbone. Go Trophy. And if it does break you'll get an over the counter exchange.

Take a few more bucks and get a Lamiglas Surf and Jetty. US made and really not that much more then something you will be sorry you bought. Trust me been down this road and finally saw the light. There is nothing like using a good quality rod!! Tsunami, Uglystik,... Not quality just quanity!!

View PostTake a few more bucks and get a Lamiglas Surf and Jetty. US made and really not that much more then something you will be sorry you bought. Trust me been down this road and finally saw the light. There is nothing like using a good quality rod!! Tsunami, Uglystik,... Not quality just quanity!!

Or a St. Croix Triumph...