Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougC

G Loomis IMX Mega Blank

13 posts in this topic

I have an 8' 6" Loomis IMX Mega 8/9 fly blank (2 piece) that I bought on clearance for $80 plus shipping. I'm looking to get $90 shipped to cover my cost. (paypal or cash pick up only)

The rod is very fast, light, and crisp. It has a very quick recovery. Appears to be a very early IMX blank. I have a label for and although the backing is starting to come off, it is probably still usuable.

It's also very curly, as in not very straight.. I have read that this was common for these blanks, FWIW.

Too fast for my taste but I was thinking it would make a nice light surf rod, but I don't do enough of that to make it worth my time and effort building it as such.

I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Hi,I have a Shimano spheros 6000 and a sedona 6000 with extra spool(speros and sedona have about 450 yards of Power pro on them,extra spool on sedona has 20 ande tournament)both reels were used once..I really need an 8 weight blank to build..Thank's

OK Guys,

I tried to get the best pics I could. If you look at the lines of each section you will see the curvature.

I unfortunately do not have any interest in any spinning reels, I have all I need. I do need a 6500 maybe even 7000 size casting reel with level wind.

I've had c3's and c4's before and prefer the c4 or higher model reel, but I also want to move this blank. I might as well be honest with myself, I'm picky. If this rod was straight(er) I would have already built it. It's not as stiff as the Xi2 blank I just bought and I will be building that one.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Label, etc. I opened the original packaging myself.

DSC03472.jpg

Tape is just for spine marking

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03462.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

Tip

DSC03473.jpg

Butt

DSC03475.jpg

You can see the tip dog legs and the butt is curved and runs out at the handle end a bit as well.

MINE !! Doug,please sent me your pay pal info,I could give you a down payment today and the rest when I go get the blank this tuesday in marlton,nj..Thank you very much Doug and SOl...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0