Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rapidfflow0

Anyone know a good criminal defense attorney

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I swear I am going to need one the next time myself and several others are on a jetty fishing and one of these idiot spearfishers decides that he has the right to ignore what we are doing and start swimming around the base of the jetty I am fishing. I had all I could do not to rip a bunker snag through this guy today.

I get that we all need to share the resource but when they see 4 or 5 people already fishing an area and then proceed to dive and swim around the rock I am standing on it gets a little ridiculous especially since in some the places where it has recently happened there is an unoccupied jetty 100yds away.

I think "but officer he really deserved it". Should be an adequate defense in these situations. I have never seen the number of spearfisherman that I am seeing recently. Sooner or later one of them is going to piss off the wrong person and get hurt

sorry for the rant Im done now

No different than the BS that happens with the big fish, you catch one and in less than 5 mins you get J@p'ed. In other words they have every right to be there as much as you...there is no such thing as unwritten rules or common courtesy. If you don't like it then you have to move on...or take up golf.

View PostNo different than the BS that happens with the big fish, you catch one and in less than 5 mins you get J@p'ed. In other words they have every right to be there as much as you...there is no such thing as unwritten rules or common courtesy. If you don't like it then you have to move on...or take up golf.

I don't disagree with you still doesn't make it right not mention dangerous. Basically this was my rant the same as the one everyone who got

mugged this spring made

Bring along a couple of m-80's and throw them in when they enter the water, I say if someone is going to f-up the fishing for me I'll return the favor and clear the area of fish.

Some of the spear fisherman are responsible and they are good at what they do, though i've seen mostly children and obviously inexperienced adults out there with a pair of fins and a mask flailing a gun that could kill someone. You can get good information out of a spear fisherman, some of them work with ya and you can share a spot, they can see your line and will avoid it. If you feel that U need to yell at em then just move on...

Not to single you out man, but its that kind of attitude that brings about rants like that. There IS such a thing as common courtesy and people SHOULD follow it. People these days see someone being a selfish prick and figure, "Well they arent gunna change, so I'm just gunna be selfish too and not care about other people." Its one reason why I'm losing faith in people. In this case just tie on a one or two ounce bank sinker and play Hit the Jack@$$. If he has an issue, then too bad, he isn't gunna climb up and shoot you with his gun. Its like saying that you shouldn't scold your kids if they do something wrong.

View PostNo different than the BS that happens with the big fish, you catch one and in less than 5 mins you get J@p'ed. In other words they have every right to be there as much as you...there is no such thing as unwritten rules or common courtesy. If you don't like it then you have to move on...or take up golf.

View PostNot to single you out man, but its that kind of attitude that brings about rants like that. There IS such a thing as common courtesy and people SHOULD follow it. People these days see someone being a selfish prick and figure, "Well they arent gunna change, so I'm just gunna be selfish too and not care about other people." Its one reason why I'm losing faith in people. In this case just tie on a one or two ounce bank sinker and play Hit the Jack@$$. If he has an issue, then too bad, he isn't gunna climb up and shoot you with his gun. Its like saying that you shouldn't scold your kids if they do something wrong.

Too bad you nor anyone else has the balls to do the same thing on a crowded jetty when the jackass is at your eye level...you yell at and threaten a diver or spearfisherman because you know he's not going to come out and fight back. wink.gif

Haha you're damn right man. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs but I'm from surburban north jersey...aka not tough in the face of a nutcase who is the same size or bigger. I'll say sh** to someone if they're being a jack@$$, but if he comes charging at me I'd prolly go for a nutshot and hope for the best haha. I never want to start a fight, I'm a very passive guy, but you try to talk to these people calmly and they shrug you off. Its sad man. Maybe its time to start carrying a tuna club with me for just such an occasion.....

View PostI swear I am going to need one the next time myself and several others are on a jetty fishing and one of these idiot spearfishers decides that he has the right to ignore what we are doing and start swimming around the base of the jetty I am fishing. I had all I could do not to rip a bunker snag through this guy today.

sorry for the rant Im done now

Be sure to crush your barbs cause you ain't going to want to keep him.

View PostSome of the spear fisherman are responsible and they are good at what they do, though i've seen mostly children and obviously inexperienced adults out there with a pair of fins and a mask flailing a gun that could kill someone. You can get good information out of a spear fisherman, some of them work with ya and you can share a spot, they can see your line and will avoid it. If you feel that U need to yell at em then just move on...

View PostI dunno, couldnt they shoot a harpoon at you from the water???
YES they can.