Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clyde123

went out bluefishing today

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

so i planned this bluefishing trip for sometime and almost everyone bailed out towards the end for one reason or another either vacation or work ect.. wel anyways i went out on a party boat out of nj with my girlfriends dad and a buddy of mine. It was a slow day i ended up landing 2 my buddy landed 1 his first ever, also his first time on a boat. his smile was from ear to ear biggrin.gif he was happy. i was also happy to see someone new get into it even though it was a really slow day. i also had my first fish on one of my plugs. i was fighting and fighting and bit right threw the 50LB leader i was upset but still excited about the fact that my plugs work. it was a spook looking thing that was loaded with lead that sunk to the bottom. basically same concept as a jig but with a wigglebiggrin.gif that was the good news heres the bad my girlfriends dad didnt catch anything i felt really bad his first time bluefishing to. but he said he had a great time, but like i said it was slowwwww and he is up for it again in august and stripers in oct/nov. so its a good thingbiggrin.gif heres the plug that the bluefish stole from memad.gif

ill upload some pics later of the actual trip

Sounds nice. My girlfriends' dads weren't around much (and yes we exploited that situation).. In my experience a day jigging trip is a nice day on the water while a night chunking trip is a bloody fish circus. This applies to summer only mind you.

I remember as a kid, 12-16, my dad would drop me off at Barnegat Light and I would stand at the end of the jetty all day casting mister twisters for cocktail blues, mainly because I liked to keep and eat fish but never cared for the taste of larger bluefish. I had 2 coolers and one rod and I never failed to get 25-30 1-1/2lb. to 2lb. fish into the larger cooler with ice, the family loved eating them and it was also free crab bait. Then my dad would come around 4 so we were home in time for dinner, a good nights sleep and then crabbing the next morning in the bay by the Causeway Bridge......oh yeah thank God the "Old Man" made me a buggy that traveled well over the rocks and sand to tote my catch out of there.....Jim....Sounds like you made a fisherman out of the guy, congrat's...

nothing at all onthe surface i was hoping for some albies but nahh the fish we did catch were all jumpersbiggrin.gif we ended up switching to bait half way threw hahaha jigs were dead after the morning

View Postnothing at all onthe surface i was hoping for some albies but nahh the fish we did catch were all jumpersbiggrin.gif we ended up switching to bait half way threw hahaha jigs were dead after the morning

wait for the fall for albies...then its on