Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Tundra vs 1500 chevy

20 posts in this topic

View Postwhat do you guys think, I drove a crew max today, those things drive very nice and are built like tanks, I'm for the responses,matt

matt its a great truck, but you gotta take it easy on the things they arent race cars, there trucks, i love my tundra rides like a car, pulls like a s.o.b but you definately shouldnt plow with em, esp with the crew max, id keep mine but i need to get a plow so im looking twoards a f350 with a power stroke, also pulling your trailer in 4x4 if you had to could be haazardous to the transfer case which seems to be a weak link in the drive train, very smooth very comfy truck, and if i wasnt gonna plow with my next truck it would be a crew max/rock warriorheart.gif.

they do eat front tires so if you decide to go the toyota route , get one with smaller wheels big wheels = big tires= big bucks 275 each for my tires and it needs 2 after 15k of driving, ill get a new truck before i spend almost 600 for 2 new tires for it

View PostGet the F250 Ford with a deisel engine and forget about it.

diesels suck right now due to the new EPA regulations, my friend has a brand new 2010 crew cab 4x4 diesel, he gets 11-12 mpg, he hates his diesel and so does every one else I talk to that has one a newer one, I'll stick with gas for now, matt

I have an 06' F350 Crew Cab that has been great to me. I pull a 13,000# catering trailer, 3-5 days a week, w/ no problems at all. I get 19 mpg empty and 15 mpg w/ trailer. I am by no means an expert on diesel vs gas but, having owned both, when it comes to towing, I'll take my diesel any day. Has your friend tried fueling at a different station?

Back to the original question. The Toyota Crew Max is a great truck. If you want it go for it!

View PostI have an 06' F350 Crew Cab that has been great to me. I pull a 13,000# catering trailer, 3-5 days a week, w/ no problems at all. I get 19 mpg empty and 15 mpg w/ trailer. I am by no means an expert on diesel vs gas but, having owned both, when it comes to towing, I'll take my diesel any day. Has your friend tried fueling at a different station?

Back to the original question. The Toyota Crew Max is a great truck. If you want it go for it!

yours is a 06 his a 2010, it's due to the EPA regulations, he had a 2006 king ranch dually that he loved, 2 totally different trucks he said

View PostI think it is funny that nobody likes the Chevy. Some have suggested Fords but nobody will give their endorcement for the 1500.

I'll back up the BowTie!

The Toy is a nice truck,but the GM rides nicer,gets better mileage,and can handle a load better. 5.3 liter is the way to go providing you don't have to tow the titanic

I'll back the Chevy too. Have had a 1500 and have a burb now. 5.3 is a great motor that will go a long way. The new ones drive incredible but I have not been in a newer Tundra. I love toy's, especially for off highway use, but the GM's are the best stock hauling and towing half tons I have ever driven. It mostly depends on what you need it for. Other than that personal preference.

View PostI'll back up the BowTie!

The Toy is a nice truck,but the GM rides nicer,gets better mileage,and can handle a load better. 5.3 liter is the way to go providing you don't have to tow the titanic

all about the chevys!!!! but that ford powerstroke is something else drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif