Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barkoff

SF Bay Launches..imput..

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Those in the know, which bay launch ramps would you be comfortable leaving your truck and trailer over night in, and which would you avoid? Anywhere in the bay. I'm looking to develop a list of good launches and get the routine, but avoiding spending time on launches where a overnight parking would be a high risk.

Thank you gents.

View PostThose in the know, which bay launch ramps would you be comfortable leaving your truck and trailer over night in, and which would you avoid? Anywhere in the bay. I'm looking to develop a list of good launches and get the routine, but avoiding spending time on launches where a overnight parking would be a high risk.

Thank you gents.

I know of only "1" public launch ramp in San Francisco, that one being by Pac Bell Park "Mission Rock". As in "ALL" of San Francisco....."LOT'S OF HOMELESS"!!!, would NOT recommend that ramp for even daytime launching. Further south you have Oyster Point in South San Francisco. Much better and great location for the South Bay Halibut Fishing. Further south is Coyote Point in San Mateo. Reasonably safe, also close to halibut & striper action, & sturgeon in the winter. Further south is the launch ramp in Redwood City. Reasonably safe & only action here is sturgeon in winter & early spring. Finally & as far south as you can go, is the launch ramp in Alviso. Brand new ramp, but tide sensitive, Dicey area, and only action is sturgeon in winter & early spring. There is a public launch ramp in Sausalito, Marin County. Safe & closest access to the central bay & ocean.....Mark.

The most secure launch ramp in the SF Bay is on the emeryville point where watergate towers are off of Ashby. It has a local guard who patroles to keep an eye on the resturants and Hank Schramms sports fishing. There are other ones like Grant Street and the Rock Wall in Alameda. Oakland has some also Martin Luther King park by the Oakland Airport, 5th Ave and Embarcaderro. They have one at the San Leandro Marina...etc. The best and most secure ramps are the ones with a resturant near by.

View PostThe most secure launch ramp in the SF Bay is on the emeryville point where watergate towers are off of Ashby. It has a local guard who patroles to keep an eye on the resturants and Hank Schramms sports fishing.

Thank you, do you know if the guard is 24hr, or until the restaurant closes?

Loch Lomond in San Rafael is the only place I'd leave my truck over night. Another is Clipper Yach Harbor in Sausalito but I'm not 100% on that one since I've never parked there all night.

I would scratch oyster off the list of overnights. We left our truck and trailer there overnight and when we came in the next day someone had stolen the 2x6 running boards of the trailer and the trucks spare.