Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wally65

My vacation in corolla

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Wow what a beautiful place, it was my first trip to OBX, great time, we fished from the south nags head pier, no luck at all, but no one else had luck either, so at least it wasnt just us!! however my nephew caught one spot, that made his week, so it was worh it! we fished from the beach near the house in whalehead 3 mornings, and caught a total of 2 spot, oh well, at least the beach and the pool and were great. The ride home however was not so great, got 2 speeding tickets, one in NC and one in maryland, so now im out almost $300 together!!

View PostWow what a beautiful place, it was my first trip to OBX, great time, we fished from the south nags head pier, no luck at all, but no one else had luck either, so at least it wasnt just us!! however my nephew caught one spot, that made his week, so it was worh it! we fished from the beach near the house in whalehead 3 mornings, and caught a total of 2 spot, oh well, at least the beach and the pool and were great. The ride home however was not so great, got 2 speeding tickets, one in NC and one in maryland, so now im out almost $300 together!!

The OBX is awesome! Did you get to see the wild horses there while you were fishing? I got some awesome shots of them just a few feet from the surf. We went in May and did pretty well. The nice thing was we had a house we rented about 50 yards from the beach that we could only ever dream of owning or even renting up here but it was wicked cheap to rent.

i didnt see the horses, one of our friends went on the tour though, she had some awesome pics, did go parasailing, it was great! i agree with you on the houses out there, the price was right, and ours was 2 houses in from the beach, what a great vacation, not one of those ones where you have to wake up and do stuff, we would wake up and hit the beach, then back to the pool at the house, maybe a leisurely bike ride, maybe not, pool or beach again, awesome, a real vacation, we use to go to disney every year, and i needed a vacation when we got back!! this was so relaxing and so beautiful.