Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crowconor

conventional rod help

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

hey im looking for a nice conventional rod, it can be mismatched or a combo deal. looking to spend 250-300 on it. i want to be able to do some striper fishing with it and maybe even go cod fishing or something along those lines, if thats possible. thanks

View Posthey im looking for a nice conventional rod, it can be mismatched or a combo deal. looking to spend 250-300 on it. i want to be able to do some striper fishing with it and maybe even go cod fishing or something along those lines, if thats possible. thanks

You need to provide a little more info--do you want a boat rod or a surf rod, for openers.

Your location can help, too, because in some places, you can get a decent custom for that $250-$300 price range.

You shouldn't have to spend $250-$300 for a quality boat rod. I don't know many production models offhand, being a surf guy, but I would think you'd be able to find something decent in the $100-$150 range.

If you're ever in SE Mass, you might want to check out CMS Tackle in New Bedford, and talk to Eric or Charlie. They probably have some custom sticks already wrapped and ready to go.

This Is An Inexpensive But Reliable Way To Go Other Than A Custom

Made Rod.for Cod Deep Water Uglystik Custom Uscb1180xh 40/50 Line 3-12oz $80. Or Uglystik Uscb1170mh 20/50 2-8oz $70.for Stripers Uglystik Uscc2271m 20/50 3/4-6oz $70. Or Uscc2270mh 30/60 3/4-8oz $70.these Rods Will Definitally Do The Job You Want. So Now You Have Two Rods For $150. And The Difference You Can Use For Another Or Better Reel.

Check out the UglyStik Tigers. Cabelas has the 7 foot BWCAO2202. It has aluminum oxide guides. It throws a 2 ounce popper well and has no problem bouncing a 16 ounce cod jig. Really nice rod for $56 and shipping. Put a Daiwa Sealine reel on it for another $119 and you will have money left over for line and beer.

...on second thought, skip the beer and upgrade to a Daiwa Saltist reel.wink.gif