Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeTooch

Penn 155 & Penn Delmar

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Just found these reels a while back, they are my fathers and havent been used in years. Do any of you guys have experience with any of these, if so for what type of fishing.

Im think of using them for blues, bass and fluke. I am going to have them fixed and upgraded as well, so any ideas will help. I think it would be a great idea to fix up some handed down reel. Thanks

The 155 is the Beachmaster, and I used it for casting off the beach years ago, and still do from time to time. The 85 Delmar is a boat reel. If ya ever went on party boats years ago, and didn't bring ya own rod or reel, ya got a bat and a Delmar to use, usually, from the boat. Both are good for typical local water fish, including bluefish and bass.smile.gif

View PostJust found these reels a while back, they are my fathers and havent been used in years. Do any of you guys have experience with any of these, if so for what type of fishing.

Im think of using them for blues, bass and fluke. I am going to have them fixed and upgraded as well, so any ideas will help. I think it would be a great idea to fix up some handed down reel. Thanks

I believe my first reel was a Penn Delmar.

I used it for flounder/eels/blowfish/sea robins and once for fluke.

It looked like this reel but had a red torpedo knob:

attachment.php?attachmentid=253014&d=124