Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gollum

Thank-you Democrats! Kum-bay-ya and all that.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

You know, I got up this morning and thought to myself. I wish the government would keep me from eating ice cream. Then I would really stop doing it. They should just make it illegal because that would prevent me from getting it. Even better, they should ration sugar because they know what's best for me. I'm too dumb to make my own decisions.

As the Obama administration sets its sights on overweight Americans, demanding obesity ratings for all citizens by 2014, the White House has promoted the Obamas' personal cook to a senior advisory position.

Sam Kass, the 20-something Chicago chef, is now the White House "Food Initiative Coordinator," Kass' title reportedly was upgraded last month from food initiative coordinator to senior policy adviser for health food initiatives. His duties have not changed.

The change comes as the Health and Human Services announced this week that under the stimulus law, health care providers must establish "meaningful use" of electronic health records to qualify for federal subsidies or risk seeing their Medicare and Medicaid payments slashed. The electronic health records must include Americans' body mass index, or BMI, height and weight.

Critics say the BMI is unreliable and the ratings will lead to more government intrusion.

Supporters say the ratings will serve as motivation for weight loss.

"The fact we're now tracking BMIs', I think knowledge is power for us," nutrition expertMitzi Dulan told Fox News."There are a lot of people that don't know their BMI and it's denial.

Dulan noted that a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that $147 billion is spent annually on obesity-related costs, or 10 percent of medical costs.

A couple of issues:

1. This was passed under the "stimulus law?" Cowards.

2. It's ok to mandate this because fat people don't know their fat? Idiots.

3. It's ok to mandate this because the CDC found that SOMEONE pays $147 billion in obesity-related costs? Even if the government is paying 90% of the tab, which they don't even claim to do, if the government doesn't like that, then STOP PAYING FOR IT! One for all and all for one right? Unbelieveable!

Aren't these the same people that have a problem with women deciding what happens with their "own" body? Oh that's right, double standards are ok when one type of freedom is desirable and another isn't. icon14.gif

Honestly....until Obama's czars start enforcing this crap why worry? He has shown that regardless of what the American people want he's going to do as he pleases. Not much one can do other than fight to throw each and everyone of these bastards out of office that support his BS policies at every turn.

I do fear the day the enforcement comes knocking, not for myself, but for those who are unprepared. Say goodbye to the weak...the strong will survive. cwm40.gif

Mental health is important too, right? They should make it illegal to be stupid, this way we won't have to wait until 2012 to dump Obama.

View PostMental health is important too, right? They should make it illegal to be stupid, this way we won't have to wait until 2012 to dump Obama.

Only problem with that is that the ones that would have to pass a "stupid" law are themselves stupid, but it is a good idea biggrin.gif

View PostMental health is important too, right? They should make it illegal to be stupid, this way we won't have to wait until 2012 to dump Obama.

View PostOnly problem with that is that the ones that would have to pass a "stupid" law are themselves stupid, but it is a good idea biggrin.gif

You saw thru my plan like a laser - we could have gotten congress to get rid of themselves at the same time.

View PostYou saw thru my plan like a laser - we could have gotten congress to get rid of themselves at the same time.

Shhh maybe we can get them to do it before they figure it out wink.gifcwm27.gifhighfive.gif

Does this just mad.gif anyone else? I find this utterly awful. I can't believe the government is taking it upon itself to make sure to tell me that I'm fat so I can't be in denial.

This whole health care reform is the eleventh plague God would have visited upon Egypt if he had to keep going after killing off their first born. Social Security would be next if health care didn't work.

Water to blood

Frogs

Lice

Flies

Livestock death

Boils

Hail

Locusts

Darkness

Death of first born

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010

beatin.gif