Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meche

Pendulum cast on the beach fishing?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I will modify it slightly more back and forth overhead with less side way swing in the event of a crackoffcwm31.gif it is MUCH less likely to travel down the beach.It will at least hit waterscuba.gif LOL!!

I will if I'm throwing metal for maximum distance, which is only on occassion. More often I'm throwing right in the wash. When I'm chunking 8oz and a bunker head a simpler hatteras cast is the most I can muster. That's just too much payload for me to handle effectively with such a powerful cast like a full pendelum.

I use it for clipped rigs with up to 4oz of lead. Heavier lead[6-8oz] or large baits force me to either a Unitech or Arialized unitech.

Also use it for fluking with my softer 11' rod.

Is it necessary ? NO. I just enjoy the feeling of really loading the rod and watching the lead fly.

Although with the fluking this season, I've gotten most of my keepers at the longer distances. Sometimes it gets boring when you have to slow drag 125yds of line.

The best application thus far has been with weighted poppers on a 12' rod - its like watching an ICBM fly.