Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vekzero

I can't catch a fish

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I can't catch a fish. I fished today at Strodders Neck and Bare Cove Park and had no luck. In the pasted I have fished Blacks Creek, Castle Island, Nut Island, and The Hull Gut and still had no luck. I just started saltwater fishing seriously this summer and I have had no luck. Does anyone have any tips?

I was on the causeway at Castle Island today at high tide - not a hint of fish. Not only that, but I pulled out an old plug for the first time in about 25 years and it cracked through the middle and split apart from old age. frown.gif

We're just in a little down time - wait it out and keep casting.

View PostI can't catch a fish. I fished today at Strodders Neck and Bare Cove Park and had no luck. In the pasted I have fished Blacks Creek, Castle Island, Nut Island, and The Hull Gut and still had no luck. I just started saltwater fishing seriously this summer and I have had no luck. Does anyone have any tips?

KEEEEEEEP Going!!!! Try "Marrying" a couple of locations and fish'm hard at different times and tides.

Summertime is tough.

If you're after stripers, night time is the right time, and even then there's gotta be structure, deep water nearby and of course, bait to keep the fish around.

Before taking up night fishing, I used to not fish at all after July except for taking the kids out for scup or snappers.

Your not alone. I'm not a beginner nor an all star. I picked up one Striped Bass in my last three outings. Pitiful. Yeah, it's frustrating, but that's the way it goes sometimes in July. Last week I paddled out into what seemed like the Striped Bass Motherload of as many 15-25lb class as I could handle on 10" Bill Hurley Rat Tails 3/4oz lead head in white. The bonus was a nice upper 30lb class thrown in. Lasted for 5 hours. That was during the day with black back gulls diving scooping herring and butter fish as they broke the surface. You never know what will happen day to day or night to night. You never fail until you stop trying.

With that being said I'm heading to a certain Cape Ann group of rocks in a couple of hours. shaky.gif

As far as I am concerned, summertime is the right time in Boston. Fish at night. Look for places where water flushes out of an inlet (at night). Make sure you are getting deep enough with your lure (at night). Did I mention at night? If you are fishing during the day you are wasting your time.

View Post If you are fishing during the day you are wasting your time.

cwm27.gif....I'm heading North to waste my time.

View Post If you are fishing during the day you are wasting your time.

OMG you mean all those thousandS of bass I've caught over the years were a waste of time? headscratch.gif Go figure.

water is too hot my quess i lived in hull and i found early morning,incoming tide,and night time is the best time,but they feed in the day time too,i dont care just being at the water fishing is better than doing anything else ,almost anything else,catching fish or not,what i do this time of year is grab a good friend ,and a cooler,filled with your favorite, beverage,and chunk bait ,and shoot the ****,all day,if you catch a fish thats a bonus.

View Post

With that being said I'm heading to a certain Cape Ann group of rocks in a couple of hours. shaky.gif

no fish up here, even the guys with rods that match their white buckets quit. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Don't get discouraged.It happens.I have a saying i use to say. You have to earn your stripes.You just got to keep plugging away at it.You'll get 1.It will probaly be the biggest fish of your life to bootbiggrin.gif

After about a week and a half of skunk trips (including a sunset to sunrise tour all over da habah yakstylie), I was able to score some nice fish. My dad and I took a trip to boulder heaven. I scored my finest SB of the season and lost an even larger one, which rubbed the bait right off a huge rock. Two real nice takes and both where pretty charged up by SB comparrisons in the drag/tow department. I let the one I took on board go, it felt good watching her swim away in between the rocks. cwm27.gif

View Postbest tip i can give you is fish at night, that or give up until rookie season starts again

I must agree....with this long stretch of heat we've had your have a better chance at night. I'm not saying you can't catch during the day, but i think your chaces are better at night.

View PostAfter about a week and a half of skunk trips (including a sunset to sunrise tour all over da habah yakstylie), I was able to score some nice fish. My dad and I took a trip to boulder heaven. I scored my finest SB of the season and lost an even larger one, which rubbed the bait right off a huge rock. Two real nice takes and both where pretty charged up by SB comparrisons in the drag/tow department. I let the one I took on board go, it felt good watching her swim away in between the rocks. cwm27.gif

Nice score Mike! icon14.gif I found a mix of bass from schoolies to 36". Brought home a 30" fish to eat. I fished along the rocks looking at houses that cost Millions of dollars from the vantage point of my million dollar plastic navy yacht, as I whip it out and relieve myself stealthy in my empty plastic Dunkin Donuts ice coffee cup and dump it over board and then make another cast into the white water where surfcasters have no way in entering because of private property. If the landowner had his way he would toss me out of that cove, but he can't. If only they knew I was a Wet Back from illegal blood that grew up in Chelsea and now I am fishing their bass. biggrin.gif

Yap, home poured slugs and tubes don't work during the day time. No bass during the day time in the rocks. It's a mirage.

I should call up my illegal cousins and get more kayaks....