Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reelsurfman

Tiger fish video!

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

View Post80 lbs fish on 200lbs braid.kooky.gif

80lb fish on 200lb braid in the Congo River where the currents can run so swiftly that new species are created because fish can't cross the current to breed with each other any more! The place is known as a "species pump" because the conditions are SO extreme.

Maybe not quite as unreasonable a gear choice as it would seem at first blush.

First time I saw a picture of one of those fish on the cover of a magazine (I think it was an article about "extreme fishing with Larry Dahlberg") I just KNEW it had been photoshopped. I mean, SURELY there hasn't been a fish with teeth like that this side of the Jurassic period right?

Learn something new every day. If you're not REAL careful that is.

View Post80lb fish on 200lb braid in the Congo River where the currents can run so swiftly that new species are created because fish can't cross the current to breed with each other any more! The place is known as a "species pump" because the conditions are SO extreme.

Maybe not quite as unreasonable a gear choice as it would seem at first blush.

Yes i understand but did you look at the video that current is not anywhere of what you speak.

Now thats a fish. Man those teeth are nasty looking. Wonder what kind of bite pressure those fish have. I think he needed a bigger net and whats with all the (Tommy Two Times) get the net get the net lol..

Great show ! He's trying to catch giant fish and may only get one chance to reel one in.His choice in gear is what works for him.I read somewhere he was fishing for one of those fish for more than 3 weeks straight.The guy is hardcore.I love the show and watch when it airs.Much better than some of the other freshwater fishing shows.