Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sks

Been awhile

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Have not checked in for a while, been on vacation and fishing. Real quick up date. Went to VT and visited the little pond, Lake Champlain, and visited with Kamel and Starship. Camped right next to Uncle Billy. First night had a hellava cook out, all seafood with clams, mussels, cod, king crab and steak. Tim, Starship cooked it all up. Beautiful country out there. We got a few smallies couple nice lg mouth, Saw some gar and Bowfin fish or bow fish, which ever. More later and pictures tonight I hope.

Yesterday morning went out with my brother and his son up the river. We got 6 Stripers best was only 25 in but all fun on top water. My brother did get a @ a 4lb BLUE on cut bait. Up river from the 16 bridge. After that went north for lg mouth and Pike. only 2 small pike and about 10 bass in the grass on rubber frogs. Any ways more later. Scott. "Shut Up and FISH!" That's what I've been doing so more later.

I'm glad you and your son made the trip to visit us in the Green Mountain State. I hope you had a good time and will visit us again in near future.

I'm gonna throw some hooks on the plug you gave while you were here tonight and hopefully give it a workout tomorrow if the weather holds. I'm gonna make it an SKS flinging trip. My new all black popper you made for me will be in the mix too! wink.gif

Be sure to post the pick of the tiny SMB that gave his best shot at your popper that was bigger than him!!

Tight lines Scott and enjoy the rest of your time off!

sounds like you were making the best of your time. Glad you enjoyed the neighborhood up here, it is a beautiful place of which I'm reminded every day. CAn't wait to se those pix.

Thats funny scott just got back from a weeks vacation at the in laws myself in Vergennes,,,Trolled the mouth of otter creek once with lead corein about 50 feet of water, cause stupid me forgot my down rigger mounts..Did manage 1 salmon about 3 pounds..Me and my father inlaw caught a slew of perch in the creek though cause it was windy as hell on the "pond", a couple nice smallies and 2 corker Larrys, had a good time feeding the ospreys. Next week gonna hit kenny..

That's some nerve fishin' in our backyard without even saying hello. We like to welcome our tourist, cyber, fishing friends up here. wink.gif

was a last minute trip. gonna go problobly again in sept. I'll give ya a shout. I love fishing in the "creek" and surrounding waters cause you never know what your gonna hook up with...

I really didn't take too many pics but there is the small version and the large. Big daddy can't believe you were up there also. Monday we were at the mouth of the otter river. Didn't see a white 14' starcraft w/ "Shut up and fish" on the side did ya? It's late, for me up for work at 0400, going to be tough after 10 days off. I'll try and get on here tm and do an up date. got 5 stripers this morning, at dawn they were feeding on top here and there, got all 5 on my z spooks. Biggest was 28". Later, Scott

That second pic says it all SKS!! Nice large large !!

Big Daddy - The big girl salmon run the river in September. Days are short tho, gotta figure in some evening entertainment.

Glad to hear your in the water round the 16 again SKS, I'll be back on the water on tuesday..... I hope.

still remember the morning fishing with you and i still got the popper you gave me. She's got 5 to her name.

Real nice LMB there Scott! Beautiful coloring!

Hope your son enjoyed his time on the water with you. Trips like these are ones you remember forever. I'm already looking forward to your next visit!

Starship..Talking to the owner of otter creek bait shop said his brother in law caught some nice salmon at the mouth in about 40 to 60 feet of water,he trolled from basin Harbor to kingsland bay we did the same tuesday but couldnt get deep with leadcore.. Scott..we put in at the falls in vergennes monday and fished to the last bend before red gate boat launch, so we were about 100 yards from you were.. we were gonna go all the way to the pond but got really hot... I tell ya we're all gonna have to "hook-up" in september/october to do some trolling on the pond...Champlain's nice though year round fishing...Inlaws live in Panton now even closer to the pond....

View PostWe launch boats and troll well into February!beers.gif

cwm13.gif I don't recall seeing you out there Nov, Dec or Jan......

Oh, that's right. You were too busy smoking our catches. drool.gif

biggrin.gif