Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

Drive-In Movies

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Took the wife and kids to the drive-in in Warwick, NY last night. We saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice (not bad and the kids really enjoyed it), ate buckets of popcorn, and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. It brought back some memories from my own childhood. I remember going to see Jaws and being scared to swim in the ocean for a longgggggggg itme.

What movies do you remember from the drive-in?

Double feature, somewhere down by Point Pleasant.

Bad News Bears and Gator. Fell asleep for Gator, but I think I woke up to see my first movie boob. beers.gif

Last house on the left..... girl friend (wiferedface.gif ) got out and started walking home after the first ten minutesbiggrin.gif milford mass

also saw Jaws and would not swim that summer

View Posti remember the one that started with me and another friend sneaking in in the trunk of the car

Drive-ins were so cool. I wish we still had them (more). Most are closed now. We used to do the same thing when I was in High School, my friend had this hugh boat of a car and five of us could fit in the trunk as well as two cases of beerbeers.gif Great timeshighfive.gif

I'm taking the kids with the soon to be X tonight. Despicable Me and Karate Kid...

We do it once or twice a year. Then we remember why the AC'ed theater is so much more comfortable.

It does make for a nice change of pace on occasion.

There's still one in the next town over from here. Used to go quite a bit when the kids were younger. It's been 7 or 8 years since we've gone now. Rarely go to the theater either. I prefer watching movies at home.

When I was a kid there was another drive-in 20 miles south that specialized in skin flicks. Snuck in several times. The titles were always a riot. Can't remember hardly any of em' now though as my CRS has advanced into CRAFT. I do remember one of the last movies I saw there before it closed - "Jokes my Folks Never Told Me".

We had one about a mile from where I grew up. There was an industrial building behind it, so we would crawl through a hole in the fence and turn a few of the speakers on full blast so we could hear, then climb back over and sit on the loading dock to watch the movie. smile.gif

Have vague memories of going with my parents and sister back in the mid 60's. I was only like 6 years old. They would have us go in our pajamas, as it was more than likely we would fall asleep. But beforehand as we waited for it to get dark, we would play on the swings in the kids area right in front of the screen.

I also remember the one that was just north of Newark airport, and you could see the screen as you drove by on the Turnpike.

Last drive-in I went to was near the Meadowlands in Secaucus or Rutherford when I was 18 years old. Went with a girl I was dating to see Star Wars for about the 3rd time........needless to say, we didn't see much of the movie........naughty.gif