Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boscoebrea

Went out Salmon fishing yesterday...What a

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Great day ..the 3 of us limited,the ocean was sweet the Sun was shining and bunch,pod,herd,group,flock,thinks it is pod of gray whales were putting on a hell of-show..now I see why people get excited when they are near them...like damm its waaay bigger than our boat...

Wow what a great time...think about this ..2 10# Salmon is one more than I need,but that's what friends are for....

Well done! My buddy's caught a few but I haven't had a chance to get out yet this season. From what I hear the counts have gone up a little off the marin coast. Need to get out there soon.

Thanks. My buddy and I fished the Soquel hole last weekend. I got one fish at 400 feet deep on the wire. There was so much stretch in the system that it didn't trip the release, and I didn't even know I had it on until I reeled up the downrigger weight.

We were hoping to see whales, given the reports of them (blue whales) on the news, but we only heard one radio report of them.

Funny, we measured the fish against the ruler on a DFG length sticker, and it went 24-1/4" (legal by 1/4"). Later, we got checked by a couple real nice wardens, who came over to check on us because they though we had motor trouble when we were hunched over the downrigger (near the motor well). They asked us how we did and asked them if they wanted to see our licenses after telling them we had one 24" fish. They said "No, we just wanted to make sure you guys were OK."" We showed them our licenses and fish even though they didn't ask. Luckily, they didn't measure it because the biologists measured it at the dock - it was only 23-3/4". I mentioned that we measured it with a DFG sticker. The biologist mentioned that he had new DFG stickers that we could have so that we would not get in trouble next time. We got it and the 24" mark on it was at least 1/8" shorter than on the sticker that we had!!! Measure those stickers before trusting them.