Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfmaster250

Just have to comment

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have to say this ... Shimano SUCKS.. Why? They bought G Loomis.. Ok so what! They have and continue to sue Gary Loomis for stupid stuff and IMO only because they want North Fork Composites to fail or push Gary out of site. Why? Prolly afraid of Gary and his ability to make some of the best rod tapers in fishing.. ****mano.. Think twice before you buy a Loomis factory rod.. I'm glad they don't do blanks anymore!!

It's going to be interesting if the fact that Loomis no longer offers blanks to custom builders affects their popularity. It says here it will: there are many fishermen who can't afford customs, but they look at customs as the cutting edge, and I bet that a lot of factory rods (think Lami) are bought by guys who want that brand, but don't have the jack for a custom.

I can't see how the fact that no more Loomis customs will be built can do anything other than hurt them.

View PostIt's going to be interesting if the fact that Loomis no longer offers blanks to custom builders affects their popularity. It says here it will: there are many fishermen who can't afford customs, but they look at customs as the cutting edge, and I bet that a lot of factory rods (think Lami) are bought by guys who want that brand, but don't have the jack for a custom.

Look at what's happened to Fenwick: they used to be right at the top, and now, where are they? When's the last time you saw a serious fisherman with a Fenwick that was built after 1985? Is this where Loomis is headed?

View PostLook at what's happened to Fenwick: they used to be right at the top, and now, where are they? When's the last time you saw a serious fisherman with a Fenwick that was built after 1985? Is this where Loomis is headed?

First, Yes it was a rant I suppose.. The way I see it is a corporate crush move to squeeze Gary out of any picture.It goes up my azz side ways Even if you never buy a NFC blank You have to look at it and say W-T-F?? I do know this, Gary and crew will be looking to do 1 pc surf blanks so.. If this hurts him it might hurt us!!

Where is G Loomis headed?? I think with in a few years Shimano will ship it ALL offshore and leave another gap in USA made rods.

I should have posted this on the main forum where non builder fisherman would read it.. Care? maybe not but it would be a bug in their ear at least. Those are the guys who would consider buying a GLoomis rod.

Belmo, I could go on and on about Fenwick.. The fishermen who bought Fenwick rods to fish where basicly the ones who put them out of buisness..

View Post

Belmo, I could go on and on about Fenwick.. The fishermen who bought Fenwick rods to fish where basicly the ones who put them out of buisness..

Can you please explain?

I don't agree or disagree with the OP.

This is just another point of view

Without seeing the sales contract it's hard to say who's right or wrong.

If you were happy with the way things were in the past maybe you should be

irritated with Mr. Loomis for selling you out and not Shimano for trying to protect their investment.

Maybe, just saying

View PostCan you please explain?

Lifetime Warrenty! Break the rod we replace no questions asked.. It put a hurting on them. Even after they reworded it, it was to late it stuck!!

That said Woodstream selling off to Lamiglas/Cascade and they moving Fenny to Mexico and then selling it before it was up and running to Berkley was a big time sell out and the true death. And so they moved off shore to become just another plain and boring rod made in an Asian factory with Shakespeare, All Star, Penn and who knows who else.. end of story!!

Lamiglas has just started a no questions asked replacement policy.The most you will pay is $90.00 and some rods will be replaced for less.I know how much Surfmaster hates this policy.It keeps making rod prices go through the roof.

I dislike it due to the cost will go up.. The cost goes up less people buy.People buy less and companys close or go off shore!! Also I beleive (since I have no faith in Mankind) That many take 'advantage' of these warrenties.

I ordered my GLoomis 13wt myself from Gary way back in 1989 IMQ. The tackle businesses of the past quality far surpass what is out on the market now days. You can see it with companies like Garcia Mitchell and their ABU reels. In the 1960-1970's the quality changed very much. I am glad that I was able to collect them when they where quality.