Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koofy Smacker

New Trinidad takes ICAST 2010 Best Saltwater Reel

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Shimano's new Trinidad "A" took the Best Saltwater Reel award at ICAST 2010, with the companies own new freshwater Stella FE taking the Best Freshwater Reel.

Cool,

I have three of the gold Trini's (16, 20 and 30) and I gotta say, they are a killer reel. would love to play with the new one.

View PostShimano's new Trinidad "A" took the Best Saltwater Reel award at ICAST 2010, with the companies own new freshwater Stella FE taking the Best Freshwater Reel.

View PostCool,

I have three of the gold Trini's (16, 20 and 30) and I gotta say, they are a killer reel. would love to play with the new one.

That Trinidad "A" is SLICK.

View PostCool,

The reel is awesome. I field tested the reel in late March/early April in Guatemala. We used them along with the new Terez rods while fishing for Pacific sails. The reels handled the 100lb sails with no problem. And the rods...unbelievable. I caught a 225-250lb blue marlin on a Talica 8 II and the lightest Terez rod along with 20lb mono. The new equipment is simply amazing!

View PostThe reel is awesome. I field tested the reel in late March/early April in Guatemala. We used them along with the new Terez rods while fishing for Pacific sails. The reels handled the 100lb sails with no problem. And the rods...unbelievable. I caught a 225-250lb blue marlin on a Talica 8 II and the lightest Terez rod along with 20lb mono. The new equipment is simply amazing!

Awesome! but ya know, My gold trini's can handle 100lb sails pretty easy too. Just saying.

How does this one really differ from the gold models other then color and using a clicker now that looks like it's directly off the lower priced Torum reels? Guess they also got rid of the adjustable clicker? Looks like it.

Im thinking of switching to righthanded reels for a boat reel. I usually use leftys for conventional when plugging. I am right handed but this reel may do the trick.

View PostAwesome! but ya know, My gold trini's can handle 100lb sails pretty easy too. Just saying.

How does this one really differ from the gold models other then color and using a clicker now that looks like it's directly off the lower priced Torum reels? Guess they also got rid of the adjustable clicker? Looks like it.

Its been a few months since I fished with them but from what I remember the reels were designed to be outstanding casting reels. Also they are lighter with stronger drags, one piece right side plates, more narrow design with a higher profile. There are other positive differences that I just don't recall right now. I will have to check my spec sheet when I open my shop tomorrow.

View PostI love my trinidad 14, and would love to try out one of these new ones, too bad it looks like they removed the clicker tension knob.

Exactly, now other then maybe steel used in the internals, drag material, and a one piece machined frame, it seems like an expensive Torium.

does it cost more then the gold Trinis available now?