Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

Obama's budgetary hard choices. Why the wait?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Obama threw down the gauntlet last week stating how he is going to make some hard choices to fix our debt and deficit, next year.

Obama challenged those that are calling for a stop to runaway government spending to support his hard choices, next year.

Our debt and deficit spiral ever higher and our economy fights to avoid a flush down the drain but Obama will fix it, next year.

What possible excuse could he have for waiting, till next year?

Why the wait? We need action now, not next year.

View PostObama threw down the gauntlet last week stating how he is going to make some hard choices to fix our debt and deficit, next year.

Obama challenged those that are calling for a stop to runaway government spending to support his hard choices, next year.

Our debt and deficit spiral ever higher and our economy fights to avoid a flush down the drain but Obama will fix it, next year.

Why the wait? We need action now, not next year.

Cause maybe that will give him time to dole out the last of the stimulas money that has yet to be dispersed. wink.gif

Perhaps he is just blowing smoke up everybodys arse to deflect attention away from all his other economic failures with an election just around the corner.

I doubt that he will make any meaningful cuts. The notable exception being when he rapes and pillages the military and defense budgets.

The rest of his hard choices revolve aroung taxing the life out of all of us.

He already put his plan in motion, he didn't wait.

The $366 bn welfare spending growth since January 2009 is the largest welfare spending increase ever (over 50%). And yet, even though welfare spending is the largest cause of America's budget deficits and America's debt, Obama intends to continue to grow it. Spending was already a gargantuan $522 bn when Bush left office, it's already $888 bn this year under Obama. He plans to spend $1 trillion per annum on welfare programs by FY2014.

Those figures do not include social security, medicare or medicaid.

Suckers.

Just remember, obama talks out of both side of his mouth cwm15.gif What he says and what he does are two different things as we have found out between campaign and presidency.

View PostJust remember, obama talks out of both side of his mouth cwm15.gif What he says and what he does are two different things as we have found out between campaign and presidency.

Not according to some of his supporters here. To them he can do no wrong.....cwm33.gif

View PostNot according to some of his supporters here. To them he can do no wrong.....cwm33.gif

I'm here quite a bit and I can't say I've seen a single person like you described, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

View PostI'm here quite a bit and I can't say I've seen a single person like you described, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

Dude, I think he might have been referring to some like you biggrin.gif And yes there are quite a few here kooky.gif

View PostDude, I think he might have been referring to some like you biggrin.gif And yes there are quite a few here kooky.gif

I would be surprised if 5 out of 100 posts here actually praise Obama

View PostJust remember, obama talks out of both side of his mouth cwm15.gif What he says and what he does are two different things as we have found out between campaign and presidency.

Unbelievable icon24.gif a politician saying what people want to hear icon24.gif

In a country buried for many years to come realized in 2007/2008 (by the public wink.gif ) ....

View Post

that only a ****** (apologies etc) with no understanding of basic economics would cut spending before the economy recovers perhaps ?

a good choice in Jack Lew to do it though, as he is used to sorting out republican messes - he was the guy who turned the GOP deficit around before under Clinton wink.gif

lets hope he still has his touch biggrin.gif