Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterO

MikeP, my computer and BD

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

All the time, effort and bandwith that has been expended by various parties on this website in pursuit of "buttons" was bewildering to me. They have what I started to call Button Desire, BD. It conjured up images in my mind of the Dark Lord Humbly, who had in an earlier age created the One Button to rule the other Buttons of Power as the ultimate weapon in his campaign to conquer and rule all of the Internetz. Few were those who were chosen to hold the Buttons of Power. Many are the Gollum like creatures who would constinuously speak of obtaining a Button and were clearly envious of those few who were annointed with Buttons as they could wield great power over the jealous little pasty white creatures who are tormented by BD.

It's a debilitating affliction - before BD

525after BD525

Then yesterday my computer got very sick, a virus - and I needed my computer to be well again. I put a call into MichaelP who said he could help. He agreed to meet me in the parking lot of a strip mall down on Rt 18 and when I got there my computer and I were both blindfolded and loaded into the back of a pickup truck. We drove around for a while, then we (my computer and I) were led out of the truck, into a building and down a narrow winding set of stairs. When the blindfolds came off, we (my computer and I) found ourselves in a cave like structure just packed with all kinds of boxes of parts and wires and monitors and fishing poles and reels and laundry equipment and all kinds of stuff, we were worried.

Mike took my computer and what was once a solid box now became a whole new pile of parts and wires and pieces and he started taking other things apart and hooking up wires and plugging stuff in and, well it was like McGuyver meeting Rube Goldberg, McGoldberg

Anyway, while Mike was distracted I wandered over to the far end of the cave where there was a really nice chair that looked like a seat Capt Kirk might sit in, two large monitors, one of the biggest computer boxes with multiple fans and flashing lights and all sorts of switches and things and I was fascinated until I saw THEM, Buttons of Power. Mike's got Buttons. I was drawn to them like a moth to a porch light in August. I couldn't help myself. Just as I reached out to touch them this huge brown creature, apparently kept there to protect the Buttons, lunged from the darkness at me, knocked me down and proceeded to lick my face until Mike jumped up and called the creature off. He told me that I should never touch the Buttons - it would change me forever, kinda like when a vampire bites you on the neck. He said my computer was cured, blindfolded us, led us out of the building through a different route to the back of the truck and drove us to the parking lot on Rt 18 where I got back in my car, drove home and had a Manhattan, or two.

I'm back in my office now. Mike fixed my computer, it runs better, faster than ever. But I too now have to deal with BD. But unlike many, I have seen them, almost touched them. Will I have the strength to let them go, only time will tell.

Lol...I'm familiar with the magical works of he who we affectionately call patel. He knows things.

Little known fact...you can throw a ball to the beast until your arm falls off. icon14.gif

outstanding post.

i suppose i could use my buttons to enlarge that font so that us old folks can read it... but would it make his BD only worse?