Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GetDaGaff

Mechanic in Red Bank NJ?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a good honest and reliable mechanic in the Red Bank NJ area? I have a small fleet of vans that always need something done. The guy I'm using now gets it done but ALWAYS finds something else that needs to be replaced. I would need someone that can get my trucks back on the road ASAP because when one is down I have no back up.

View PostDon't know him personally, but my friend swears by Mayo. Have you tried him yet?

That's the thing about mechanics. One guys love the guy, someone else, not so much.

I took the minivan to Mayo during the "Check Engine Light" fiasco. (there's a thread about it) My old mechanic, who isn't NJ emissions certified, checked the service bulletins issued by Ford and told me what the problem was, and what the fix was. So I bring all this to Mayo, and they decide that they'd rather do what they want/need to do, which happens to be exactly what the ford bulletins said NOT to do. I paid the $100 "diagnostic fee" and pulled the car outta there quick as can be.

View PostThat's the thing about mechanics. One guys love the guy, someone else, not so much.

I took the minivan to Mayo during the "Check Engine Light" fiasco. (there's a thread about it) My old mechanic, who isn't NJ emissions certified, checked the service bulletins issued by Ford and told me what the problem was, and what the fix was. So I bring all this to Mayo, and they decide that they'd rather do what they want/need to do, which happens to be exactly what the ford bulletins said NOT to do. I paid the $100 "diagnostic fee" and pulled the car outta there quick as can be.

Yup. My buddy's view is probably different from the average customer because he grew up with the guy...

View PostYup. My buddy's view is probably different from the average customer because he grew up with the guy...

Translation, he doesn't screw people he grew up with.

He does make good commercials. I usually curse under my breath when I see them. cwm27.gif

View Post

He does make good commercials. I usually curse under my breath when I see them. cwm27.gif

Actually, the guy pulling his collar in the AC centered commercial is the "friend". cwm27.gif (if that one is still running)

View PostYup. My buddy's view is probably different from the average customer because he grew up with the guy...

Hmmm this is where the problem starts. Ya just don't know till ya try them but they can't be any worse than who I'm using now.Thanks for the replys guys and if anyone else has another suggestion please post.

Thanks again

View PostThat's the thing about mechanics. One guys love the guy, someone else, not so much.

Who did you bring it to?

View PostWho did you bring it to?

When the light went on I took it to my guy in Staten Island, he diagnosed the problem, but we didn't do the repair because we thought that only a NJ cert. emission guy could do the repair. So then we brought it to Mayo Clinic in Red Bank, by Juanitio's, and they tried to shaft us.

So I guy my SI guy to clear the light, ran it through inspection claiming that I did the repair. It was something stupid that MAYO wanted to make a major job out of.

View PostHmmm this is where the problem starts. Ya just don't know till ya try them but they can't be any worse than who I'm using now.Thanks for the replys guys and if anyone else has another suggestion please post.

Thanks again

You could try Craig's up in Middletown on 35 by Applebees. Talk to Craig, tell him what you want...maybe he can help. The upside is they are good mechanics. Downside is only 3 bays and a busy shop. Don't know how quick you need to get your vans back on the road.