Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sole man

Asbestos Siding Disposal

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I am getting rid of asbestos shingles in Toms River NJ Ocean county I need someone to share the cost . The Ocean county Landfill charges $150.00 to get rid of a 3 cubic ft pile I have about half of that ..

anyone interested let me know

Thanks

If it is 3 cubic feet then I would place it in a plastic bag and then into a box for pickup in your weekly trash.

If you have 3 cubic yards, it will take you many boxes to do the disposal.

I agree

View PostIf it is 3 cubic feet then I would place it in a plastic bag and then into a box for pickup in your weekly trash.

If you have 3 cubic yards, it will take you many boxes to do the disposal.

View PostWe will hold ya to that when it comes time to fertilize the sod...biggrin.gif

Fertilizing a lawn is very different that illegally dumping toxic material.

When I renovated my house I went throught the trouble and expense to do it correctly. Used the special asbestos bags at a $100 a box, boxed the material, gooseneck and tape the bags shut, then paid to dump them legally.

Pisses me off when people suggest to do it illegally, especially on a fishing site, where the meer mention of an empty bag of clams on a jetty brings people to war.

View PostFertilizing a lawn is very different that illegally dumping toxic material.

How do you figure being you live close to the headwaters of teh Navesink River? cwm13.gif If i had to dispose of a bag or two i would have no troble sleeping at night if it went out wit teh regular trash..

Mike,

When I lived in Michigan it was legal if it was non-friable which I'm sure it is. I just put a bit out for three weeks and it was gone. Couldn't put insulation etc. in the trash but siding was fine. This had to be waste not produced by a contractor also. Check the state laws in Jersey to find out.

Cabo

The old man had his whole house stripped of asbestos siding. The contractor just bundled it up with some string and put it out with the trash; totally legal where he is (or at least it was at the time).

I am trying to save some money(Laid off for 18 months)

I am hoping some one in OC can benefit from my sharing the load, otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet....