Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FisherKid

How Does This Happen?!?!

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Last year I went down to Treasure Island, Florida on the Gulf Coast in early August.I had a 7' ugly stick with a reel with 200 yards of 20lb line. I surf fished with cut mullet. I took a frozen mullet cut it into 3 pieces and tried putting it on a hook but it seemed to fall of every time, and when it stayed on i always caught cats.I did end up catching a nice size stingray though. This year I have the same pole but i reel with 300 yards of 20lb line. I want to do some serious fishing this time. I need all the tips on baits, whats hitting, and any other info. I would also love to catch some small sharks. I will be going up in late July/early August. Thanks!

View PostLast year I went down to Treasure Island, Florida on the Gulf Coast in early August.I had a 7' ugly stick with a reel with 200 yards of 20lb line. I surf fished with cut mullet. I took a frozen mullet cut it into 3 pieces and tried putting it on a hook but it seemed to fall of every time, and when it stayed on i always caught cats.I did end up catching a nice size stingray though. This year I have the same pole but i reel with 300 yards of 20lb line. I want to do some serious fishing this time. I need all the tips on baits, whats hitting, and any other info. I would also love to catch some small sharks. I will be going up in late July/early August. Thanks!

Double thread. How does this happen?