Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sailfish

Carbon Monoxide

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Went on a buddys boat monday....heading home into the headsea wind out of the SW we were finishing up a nice day and taking in the scenery when the guy steering the boat fell back against the chair... upon further examination we noticed that his eyes were rolled back in his head...when we tried to get his attention he started convulsing. I felt like I was getting a hangover but had not been drinking. I recognised the feeling from a bad experience on a construction site and opened up every available flap and hatch..we relized there was a guy below that had been sleeping for an hour or better we got him out....one guy ended up holding his chest thinking he was having a heart attack. when we arived at the dock where two took oxygen. I had a headache that would bring tears to you eyes. today my wrists are swollen...the guy that went out...his hands are swollen too. anybody operating a boat with a three sided encloser please be aware of this hazzard. I am going to put monoxide "stick ups" on my boat none too soon.

Sail -

Carbon Monoxide, it's an insidious killer and you're all lucky everyone wasn't effected equally.

Your warning should also be a reminder for those keeping warm and catching some cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif in their vehicles while awaiting some piscatorial action. eek.gif

Hooky wink.gif

The guy down below napping was extremely lucky you guys became aware of a problem. It's a tasteless, oderless gas that WILL take your life. Good thing someone was alert enough to see the problem. You guys could have all bought the farm. Glad to hear your OK and an alarm of some type would be an outsatnding idea.