Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Family Day Trip Suggestions

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I'm hoping to make one last family day trip before the divorce. End the marriage on a better note.

My wife's birthday is coming up and the kids are telling me she's mentioned doing something as a family before the divorce court date (we're still getting along well).

Fishing and beach are definitely out of the question.... Been there done that way too many times.

Driving from RI we so far have Six Flags on the list along with Lake Compounce and Canobie Lake Park.

I would like to keep the drive under 2 hours.

Frankly, these parks ain't much fun for me as I can't ride anything with my back so other ideas would be appreciated.

My boys are 15, 13 and 9....

Got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

Museums and aquariums have been done too many times....

We are taking the boys in August to the Comcast Center for a concert.

I'm looking for an activity filled day for them. Something that will leave them wiped out.

That's a great suggestion but unfortunately,I couldn't do it.

I can walk forever most days but unexpected twists, turns and bumps would be too much.

If I'm going to subject myself to injury, I'll do it in a boat fishing cwm27.gif

Head up to Alpine Adventures and do the canopy zip line tour, it's a blast and should be very easy on your back. You're in a full sling and feel weightless. The also have an offroad safari in some kind of ex-military offroad personell carrier that looks pretty decent. It's a little pricey, and may be on the further end of your travel schedule, but there's tons of stuff to do up in that neck of the woods.

Anyway, good luck with your plans!

get all the "Anniversary" stuff bought or given over the years, your wedding albums, and the wedding dress & take them down to a firing range and shoot them up.

View Postget all the "Anniversary" stuff bought or given over the years, your wedding albums, and the wedding dress & take them down to a firing range and shoot them up.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Jason, how about Water Wizz in Wareham near the canal, we go every year. You can lounge in one of the pools and watch your kids go down the bigger slides, there is also a Lazy Man's river where you can sit in a tube and just drift around the park. It's a great time, not as much riff raff as some of the other parks like Water Country from what I hear.

Good luck bud.