Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RLC100

Staying at the Block

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Anybody know of a reasonable place to stay? This would be my first time as well as my wifes. Nothing fancy just a hotel room on the beach.

Thanks in advance

Rich

You will be looking at a two night minimum at most places. I would call Block Island's chamber of commerce to find a room. If you find something or have more than one to choose from, I can tell you if the location is good, etc.... My wife's family has a house there so I never stay in a hotel. You might want to check out the Narragansett. They are supposed to have good rates. Just don't stay at the National if you want a good night's sleep.

It's been a while since I've stayed there, but my wife and I used to really enjoy the 1661, a short walk up Spring St. from the ferry landing in Old Harbor. We used to take bicycles for transportation.

View Postthe island home is where we stay on block. deena and dave are great hosts with reasonable rates. i just left there biggrin.gif .

How was the eats? Hear the breakfast is pretty good there wink.gif

make sure to bring plenty of cash with you, nothing is cheap on the block. They want $9 for a pack of Zig zags out there. And its just about impossible to find a place for under $200 per night, anywhere on the island no less on the beach. However it is well worth it.

just spent 4 nights at deena & daves island home. two of the nicest people you will ever meet. rooms are reasonable, comfortable, super clean, a/c, tv and quiet. breakfest is excellent & served from 8:30 to 10:00, which was perfect for our group, after fishing all night & sleeping all day.

my girlfriend and i stayed at the ashley house a few weeks ago, they do midweek 3day 2 night specials that include the ferry, room, bikes or moped for 2 days and food vouchers good for 3 different restaurants. room was nice, food was good, and price was very reasonable