Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPW1

Leakproof Gulp Container

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Has anyone found a good solution to Gulp Alive's leaky container. Now, I take them out of the bucket and put a few in the plastic bags for carrying to the beach, but at home those storage buckets leak around the lip.

I am looking for a leak proof solution for at home and one to take to the beach/boat.

Searching the internet there looks to be a few products that I have not tried yet:

OXO Good Grips POP Storage Containers

Berkley Bait Management container

Plano Liqua Bait Locker System

If you have used these or others, please provide your experience - the pros and cons.

I use these, the exact brand, so far it is the only thing I have tried that does not leak.

I swear, Glup juice is like a living alien goo bent on getting all over everything.

2330P_Detail.jpg

I had the same problem had the gulp stored in my basement in the offseason the bag it was in fell over. The goo leaked every where when i found it after a couple of months the gulps were hardening and the goo was all over everything in the bag i washed most stuff off but i had to get rid of the gulp and some other things in the bag.

Hey Surf Hunter what type of Thermos container is that? Beverage, food? I'm looking at the site and can't seem to be able to place it.

I use Zip Lock bags that get hooks thru them and leak. So I'm looking for something new to use.

I transfer mine to a 4 sided snap lid food storage container found at WalMart or Target. Works great but...I put that inside another 64 oz. snap lid container I can get from work. I deal with hazardous waste issues - Gulp juice calls for secondary containment techniques. smile.gif Works like a charm. I work for the worlds largest cosmetics company - we'd be out of business if we sold stuff that leaked like Gulp does after opening. Shame on them. beatin.gif

You can use a bucktail jar but if like me dont have a spare one go pick up a plastic jar with a screw top from the dollar store (below pic). This particular jar has some type of Soul Glow hair gel inside. Just empty it out put a thin rubber band around the last thread, pour the juice and bait inside and stick it in an aquaskinz bucktail pouch clipped to your belt. I filled two of these from one large container of swimming mullets.

I use a plastic peanut butter jar, and a plastic mayo jar. Both go right in my bag are easy to transport and are easy to get. They are both filled with juice and gulp they never leak. Enjoy your cheap fix. smile.gif

View PostHey Surf Hunter what type of Thermos container is that? Beverage, food? I'm looking at the site and can't seem to be able to place it.

I use Zip Lock bags that get hooks thru them and leak. So I'm looking for something new to use.

wide mouth food container for stuff like soup. wink.gif

going on three years and no leaks.

View PostTo gimmicky. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Where'd you get that?

Now I realize the original leaking containers is a Marketing ploy to get you to buy Gulp Tupperware. beatin.gif

Yup, and if those did not leak, then why do they come with a base so they can't turn over and spill?

View PostTo gimmicky. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Where'd you get that?

Now I realize the original leaking containers is a Marketing ploy to get you to buy Gulp Tupperware. beatin.gif

That's the "New" container that Berkley came out with after having a lot of reports about the Gulp tubs leaking.

IMO they should have a recall & pull all the tubs & put them in a cantainer that doesn't leak.

But you can get a Rubber-maid cantainer in most Wal-Mart,K-Mart Target with an o-ring to stop leakage for around $3.00