Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whtkdtn1401

Does anyone uses W & M Sabalos spinning reel??

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone uses this reel?? I was watching addictive fishing show and it is quite interesting reel. If you do own this reel, how are their general performance, size, weight, and durability???

Thank you very much

I just bought one. I had a bunch of dicks coupons to use, and ended up getting it for $50 after discounts. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Most reels under $100 don't last me more than a year. Come the fall, I'll give this thing a serious workout. Until then, I can't tell you how it will hold up. But the feel of it is nice. Drag seems very good. It was easy to add lots of grease. I have a feeling it'll perform well.

oh i se well you got for free which is awesome haha what size did you buy?? Im looking forward to buy as same size as spheros 4000 or cabo 40. Any recommendation...?? Or if the reel is too big, then im just gonna go with 3000 size for light tackle

thanks for reply

Free? No I got it for $50.

I bought the 4000. I think it's good for mid sized fishing like the schoolie stripers and big blues we normally get in the fall. Good for medium sized lures and jigs\\metal.

oh ok haha i thought you were saying you bought it with only coupons. Well Im getting my mind into 4000 model but my main concern is the weight...Do you think the reel is too heavy for using it for long period of time??

I absolutely love it.......bought a few on sale to keep art our house in Texas......and it is my go to flats and gulf surf reel........loaded with 30 lb power pro and I can land anything that doesn't cut me off on an oyster shell. Great drag tested on everything from oversized reds and drummer to Spanish Mack's and big jack in the surf. Schoolies and blues are not even a test.only caveat is my reels down there rarely get dunked like here.....but so far so good for 3 seasons

So far, ive landed numerous redfish (range from 20-33in, but usually 28in'sh), loads of spanish mackerel, couple snooks, few snappers, few baby sharks, and some jack crevalle. So far, no mechanical problem at all, i didn't fully test the durability because I lost my toolbox that i need to assemble the reel so I don't wanna dunk it to test it. Maybe later...

But Ill give 5 star for now. been only 2 month and used only this reel to go fishing and no problems have been found so far.