Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Dominican shake sales going up in the DR???

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

View PostSo what do you think - sales on this 'DR Shakes' are up or not after Big Papi's display last night.

You don't need bat speed in a HR contest...... But his HR pace pickup this season is a bit suspect. I just can't see a guy who was already named a user going for a double dip. But who really knows what is going on these days...

View PostYou don't need bat speed in a HR contest...... But his HR pace pickup this season is a bit suspect. I just can't see a guy who was already named a user going for a double dip. But who really knows what is going on these days...

You're right about that(to a degree). I recall pitching in a varsity high school game where I gave their clean up hitter (a short porky dude) a curve ball, to which he proceeded to hit out of the park. He saw nothing from me but straight fastballs during his final two at bats and struck out both times. So the lesson here is either don't through a fat kid a curve ball and in effect, speed his bat up or DR shakes really are effectiveredface.gifcwm27.gif

BTW, Did you watch some of those slow-mo swings. Hanly was hitting those balls with his back leg off the ground.... Crazy stuff you can pretty much only do in a HR contest.

John