Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slingin Eels

All Star Game...Do You Think?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

We all know that the winner of the All-Star Game has home field advantage during the World Series, however do you think that the players involved with the All-Star Game that are contending for a spot to play in the playoffs put out a little more then the players who have no chance of making the playoffs? Just a thought....thanks.

they are all professionals and should all put in 100% effort. That being said, I don't imagine ever seeing a collision ike Rose/Fosse in '73 I believe. Back then

as a 12 year old I watched every inning of allstar games, now I could care less.

BTW, Best allstar game ever IMO was Detroit '71 or '72 when Reggie hit the light tower. Must have been 6 or more hr's that night from all the legends.

I think the only thing that's changed is the way the game is managed. Girardi will be coaching to win more than letting everyone play and have fun so he would have home field should the Yankees make the world series.

I thought all the players tried their best because its the All-Star game and you want to do well and not embarrass yourself. I'm pretty sure Ty Wigginton will play just as hard as any of the Yankees' or Rays' guys.

All those guys want to look like a stud when everyone is watching. In years past you had most guys wanting to be the stud and a few who wanted to be clowns. I just think making the game count has eliminated most of the clowns....

John

There was actually a collision or two in the celebrity all star softball game (shown after the HR Derby, but I think it was taped from before) including something with Bo Jackson (of all people to collide withcwm27.gif ). So if they can play hard, so can the real players:-)

They are professionals, and they are the best of their profession, pride alone should make them play it out. No, I don't anyone plays harder than others. As for the game meaning something, that could be questioned.

View PostI don't know if there are 'unwritten rules' that are different for the allstar game...but David Ortiz should've been pulled for a pinch runner

no.

A-Rod was the only player left on the bench.

They wanted A-Rod to hit.

he could have hit for Beltre. But there were no outs then.

couldn't hit for Buck. No catcher then.

and then Kinsler, who is a second baseman.