Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VinnyBocchino

Gibbs Red Mack

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering how rare a Gibbs red mack pencil popper was? I had the opportunity to buy one for just a few dollars and passed and now looking back on it I think that was a mistake redface.gif Thanks!!

-Vinny

Vinny---shame you didn't take a picture, have seen green/blue/squidd mac but not Red ???

Roy----you have one ??

No - do not have one and never saw one. Stan and John did make a number of Mackerel specials but without seeing this one it could have neen made last week. I have red mackerel GTS swimmers and have seen specials in GTS and Poplaras Poppers but not in Pencil Poppers. I know owners of Gibbs since have made lots of different mackerels including pink.

Stan, and later John, would make some offbeat colors for their friends. They did do a pink mackerel, but never for release to the trade--just a few selected buddies had them. The current owners of Gibbs were the only ones who issued a pink one to the trade.

I've never seen a red one.

Thanks for the info guys!! It was up on ebay for buy it now a few weeks ago but was listed under something other than Gibbs. I took a quick look at it and I thought it was a Gibbs but I was skeptical because I never seen the red mack pattern on any of his plugs before. Roy I was looking through some pictures last night and came across your red mack troller and thats when I realized that it was a Gibbs. You guys are right I probably should've taken it redface.gif Lesson learned. Thanks for all the info guys!!

-Vinny