Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c4charlie

RV and summer weather

2 posts in this topic

Ended work early and took my two boys to Round Valley about 4pm. Looked at the weather and some storms after midnight.

We hit a few spots and got across the lake to the camping areas. Finally we start catching smallmouth and we see schools of them. Kids were having a real good time and so was I because I was catching them fly fishing using topwaters. After an hour or so being in "the spot", rumbling of thunder begins and you can tell that there are a number of storms around.

Decide to make the call home to see how the weather is looking. Wife is surprised that we are not yet hit by the storms because she said the radar shows them everywhere except a little portion of Lebanon.

Although we were having one of the best times ever, I told the kids, we have to get closer to the dock in case it really opens up. Sure enough, as we are 2 in away from the dock, thunder, a bit of lightning and it starts to pour. Then they turn on the flickering lights.

Everybody was scrambling, it was kind of fun to watch! We got our boat off the water quick and kids got to the jeep in record time.

Another fun day at Round Valley. The smallmouth go after their own as well. My little guy hooked into a tiny 4 inch one and the bigger ones killed him but they did not get hooked. Only so much bite on a size 4 hook.

Wish I had some pics. I took the digital camera BUT the battery was left on the charger at home.