Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FisherKid

Florida Gulf Fishing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I was going to head down to St. Petersburg Fl in like 2 weeks. I was hoping to do some surf fishing down there. Is the oil going to reach that part of the gulf? Is it even worth fishing?

We have no Oil in Big Bend area (Cedar Key to Hudson) fishing slow water temp is 88 few trout being caught, Red fish been hiding, fresh bait running low (Shrimp) , I havent been out as scallopers (by Boat Load in flats and in Grass beds gathering up scallops by bucket full ) the crowd does help local economy though and provide some quality family fun, some not all of the Guides running half day (early morning charters) , It is Hot folks cant deny that and like us in hot weather fishing gets slow and sluggish for most part off shore Grouper/Red Snapper/AJ doing good .

If all else fails can take a day or two and go to Ft Desoto beach,lot of T & A and may get lucky and some sweet thing ask you to rub lotion on her and perhaps she will return favor

I over looked Not much shore line fishing this area as no surf and very very shallow water , 2ft is good water , low tide leaves some boats at the dock resting on bottom,the area from Tampa south quite different as the water deeper shore line different