Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artificial all the way

Another banner outing (on a boat)

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I could smell the bunker before I even launch today. Partner today was my friend Gabe. Gabe never broke 40. Snagged a bunch real quick and ran out. Slack low and spread out fish. Bounced to 3 spots before I got moving water and fish together. Drifted dead whole bunker on a 3 way 3 foot back with a 4 oz weight right on the bottom. Deeper water with an incline going up to 23 foot. All fish caught in 23 to 26 foot of water. Started off slow but steady. Unfortunately by the time it was getting hot we had to come in.

Gabe was off this morn and missed his first few. I stuck one my second run. Drag ripped from first fish. Netted a nice 38" fish. Solid as they come. Very fat. No fish today was under 25lbs. Gabe finally gets crazy and leans into one. Drag was taken right off and the pole doubled over. Another lucky fisherman boated his 40 plus fish with me this week. We continued to slam fish and Gabe gets another solid hit and again a drag taker. Few minutes later he's dropping a tape on his NEW PB!

20 yrs to take his first and then 30 minutes to break it. Very nice 42" fish. highfive.gif

Always a pleasure Gabe. Looks like my office will be empty a day or so this week. Plan on breaking your PB once again and with some Doormat Fluke as well.

Let's see that's lucky 7 straight trips with limits of every fish we tried for as well as breaking 3 PB's. Not bad for July. Same thing that is in my books from last year at this time.

I should be getting paid for this.

July116.jpg

July114.jpg

There are lots of fish to be had now people. I know many don't fish hard during these hot days but I can assure you there are tons of fat hungry fish out there waiting for you feeding in brigh tsun. For the last 2 straight weeks it's only a matter of timing. Fish are always around from shore line to mid Sound. I don't have there feeding patterns totally locked in but I'm close. Seem to be changing daily as far as when they feed. Not really location more just a matter of time. I'll make a plan of attack before hitting the water. Pick several spots according to water movement and start working them towards where the fast tides will be to see what is going on. Took 3 spots yesterday before good action but I'm convince it was because of very little water moving. My friend went to the spot I tried first a few hrs later and did very well. 4 guys caught over 30 bass from 35 to 40". I'm finding the fish almost sitting on the bottom with bait around them doing nothing until the water is moving at 1.3 or better. Same feeding time pattern as the Fluke are right now.

I have been hammering Fluke last 3 weeks as well. Not many I talk with have been doing well at all with Fluke. I only stopped fluke fishing per the silly amount of bass that were teasing me. If they would have just stayed away I would still be bouncing bottom looking for my 10lb plus doormatt.

Best of luck

Jay

Artificial all the way[/size];7380899]I could smell the bunker before I even launch today. Partner today was my friend Gabe. Gabe never broke 40. Snagged a bunch real quick and ran out. Slack low and spread out fish. Bounced to 3 spots before I got moving water and fish together. Drifted dead whole bunker on a 3 way 3 foot back with a 4 oz weight right on the bottom. Deeper water with an incline going up to 23 foot. All fish caught in 23 to 26 foot of water. Started off slow but steady. Unfortunately by the time it was getting hot we had to come in.

Gabe was off this morn and missed his first few. I stuck one my second run. Drag ripped from first fish. Netted a nice 38" fish. Solid as they come. Very fat. No fish today was under 25lbs. Gabe finally gets crazy and leans into one. Drag was taken right off and the pole doubled over. Another lucky fisherman boated his 40 plus fish with me this week. We continued to slam fish and Gabe gets another solid hit and again a drag taker. Few minutes later he's dropping a tape on his NEW PB!

20 yrs to take his first and then 30 minutes to break it. Very nice 42" fish. highfive.gif

Always a pleasure Gabe. Looks like my office will be empty a day or so this week. Plan on breaking your PB once again and with some Doormat Fluke as well.

Let's see that's lucky 7 straight trips with limits of every fish we tried for as well as breaking 3 PB's. Not bad for July. Same thing that is in my books from last year at this time.

I should be getting paid for this.

July116.jpg

July114.jpg

did i miss something?!

OMG you are to funny. Thanks so much for contributing. So what's a blue fish hunter doing on a bass site besides not hooking fish?

Hit a few bass (33" and a 34") today from shore on plugs along with many Blues in the teens. I used JoPlugs which are beater plugs my buddy Joe in VA makes for me. Fished off some rocks chucking a large piece of wood. Yellow was the ticket. Tried 5 other colors in the exact same lure beofre yellow. All fish on the yellow plug nothing on the darker colored backs that I thought would work per bunker in the area.

Thanks.

Still locating hungry fish every time out from shore and boat. LOVE this summer time action. Yellow plugs and plastics have been my go to color last 5 days. No clue why. Never seena yellow bunker and thats what the fish are feeding on. blues in the mid teens popping up. Bass have been taking plugs off the top for me. Nice to whack some on light gear.

IMG950502.jpg