Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hookinfinger

obama To Vacation In Maine/Not The Gulf Coast

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

You would think that obama would at least have had the decency to have chosen somewhere on the Gulf Coast to vacation in order to promote tourism there.

I guess he does not like to sleep and eat where he crapped.

Obamas to vacation in Maine next weekend

7/9/10 | 157 comments

By Judy Harrison

BDN Staff

BANGOR, Maine - The first family will spend next weekend vacationing on Mount Desert Island, according to U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree.

President Barack Obama and his family are scheduled to arrive Friday, July 16, and stay through Sunday, July 18.

Information about where the family would stay and the sights they might take in while visiting Maine was not available Friday night. The visit is a personal family vacation and no public appearances are scheduled, Pingree said.

"What an honor that the Obama family has chosen Maine for vacation when they could have gone anywhere in the country," she said. LIKE THE GULF COAST ! "I think the Obamas will really enjoy the quiet woods, beautiful coast, wonderful people and everything else that brings thousands of families here every year."

While White House officials were mum about where on the island the first family would stay, Obama has political connections on MDI. George Mitchell, U.S. special envoy for Middle East peace, owns a home in Seal Harbor. Mitchell and his wife, Heather, have two children, Andrew, 12, and Claire, 9. The Obama children, Malia and Sasha, are 12 and 9, respectively.

Last August, the first family visited Yellowstone National Park and Grand Canyon National Park. The Obamas also spent time on Martha's Vineyard in August 2009.

Information about whether the family would arrive in Air Force One, the presidential jet, was not available. Neither the Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton nor the Portland International Jetport has runways long enough to accommodate the Boeing 747.

Air Force One could land at Bangor International Airport and the Obamas could take a helicopter to the airport in Trenton, then take a motorcade to MDI. Last summer, Air Force One landed on Cape Cod, the family took a helicopter to Martha's Vineyard, then rode in a motorcade to the 28-acre compound where they stayed.

obama the Buffoon strikes out again.shakehead.gif

Dennis

I can't believe he's vacationing in Maine.mad.gif That makes him a POS.mad.gif I'm so consumed by my Obama derangement, I even take issue with where the guy takes vacations. He should have sat on an oily beach in the Gulf and enjoyed the oil he spilled.mad.gif

My guess is he will take enough heat over his stupidity that he will be forced (screaming and kicking) to show up on the Gulf Coast for a few hours next week.

Of course he may want to go if the new cap works so he can somehow take credit for it.

Dennis

I don't care where he takes vacation. I care that he's taking one at all.

Business is so tough right now for me that I can't even think of not putting in as much time as I can to help the company and my employees.

Once things get back on track, hopefully there'll be time for that.

Sacrifices some of us must make. Fortunately my wife understands also.

After putting in all the hours everyday, It's not like I go home to the White House where my chef whips up my dinner. Along with the rest of the staff.

Hopefully we'll get a long weekend in at Block in Sept.

Then again, all those speeches must be quite tiring.

View PostI don't care where he takes vacation. I care that he's taking one at all.

Business is so tough right now for me that I can't even think of not putting in as much time as I can to help the company and my employees.

Once things get back on track, hopefully there'll be time for that.

Sacrifices some of us must make. Fortunately my wife understands also.

After putting in all the hours everyday, It's not like I go home to the White House where my chef whips up my dinner. Along with the rest of the staff.

Hopefully we'll get a long weekend in at Block in Sept.

Then again, all those speeches must be quite tiring.

I am with you on that.

If he is bound and determined to take one, how about help some folks out who are in a especially tight spot and depend almost exclusively on tourism.

Use the oppertunity to show Americans that the Gulf Coast is not closed for buisness.

Dennis

View Postnot quite.....its more to do with people with short and selective memories than Bush.

Here we go with Bush again. What does Bush have to do with obama ?

Do you think obama should have chosen Maine ?

View PostHere we go with Bush again. What does Bush have to do with obama ?

Do you think obama should have chosen Maine ?

the post you quoted answers your question

View Postnot quite.....its more to do with people with short and selective memories than Bush.

Bush never claimed that he would not goof off while on the job and nobody expected him to.

Your guy has claimed he would not-several times in fact-yet he turns right around and goofs of.

I don't believe the vacations are the issues (actually he farks off a lot more than I do. Love my work, but its pretty damn meaningless in the grand scheme. I like to think if I had a gig like his I'd put some effort into it.). I KNOW that his use of obfuscation and downright lies to speak to the citizens is an issue. Because a person that would speak down to others in his crass, condescending manner has no tact, no respect for those he is speaking to, and frankly no honor. When this guy speaks, he says what sounds good to him first-the facts and the substance come second.

(Howard Cosell voice) "Lets go to the video tape),

"> mhYSgPZ41WU&feature=player_embedded#!

i don't know of the "goof off" quotes from Obama , but vacations are vacations, and I don't begrudge any president from taking some R&R.

Its realistic that when Bush vacation in Crawford, he didn't turn off the phones and hold all calls...I believe that to be true of all presidents.