Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GJohnson

Belkin Tunecast II FM Transmitter for MP3 players or Ipod's

4 posts in this topic

Have two of these available - they both work fine and let you transmit your Ipod, Mp3 player, or XM radio through your car stereo's radio. Upgraded radio's in truck so no need for this anymore.

Paypal or MO accepted.

$17 ea or $30 for both. Add $2.50 for shipping.

[On Amazon they go for $31 ea] Pics from amazon's site.

From Belkin's site:

Now you can play tunes from your iPod or other portable audio device through any FM stereo receiver. Just find an available frequency (not broadcasting a clear signal), and set your TuneCast II to it. Set up to four different frequencies in TuneCast II's programmable memory to make it easy to find the clearest station, wherever you go. Our unique auto ON/OFF function frees you from having to manually toggle the switch--it simply powers on when an audio signal is detected. If no signal is detected for a period of 60 seconds, your TuneCast II switches off. This innovation preserves battery life while making your outstanding mobile audio experience simpler to enjoy.We include a Belkin Mobile Power Cord that connects to your car's cigarette lighter and lets you can preserve your batteries* as you play your tunes on the road (does not charge the batteries).

I'd say the quality of the transmitter is good. I used it in my Jeep cherokee - so it worked for me.

I'm sure real audio enthusiasts would find fault with it, but they also wouldn't be playing an mp3 player through one either tongue.gif

If you go to Belkin's website under the transmitters they have a area where you can put in your area code and see what available radio freq are open in your area. That is where you want to set your belkin tranmitter to. You can store up to 4 preset frequencies on this (so if you travel a distance a freq that is open in your hometown may be used elsewhere etc).

Prior to the transmitter I used a tape deck to play my mp3's and the transmitter is better then that, but if yo have an aux in on your radio I'd say that is best.

Hope that helps redface.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0