Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShoreBird

Lures for Vineyard

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I'm going to MV mid September. Can anyone recommend what lures are must haves? I am planning on taking several Bombers, swim shads (any recommendation on color), Point Jude tins, Danny plugs and somed rigged eels. Has anyone used Gulp Alive baits? Appreciate the help.

Where on the Vineyard? I know a few spotsshaky.gif but I'll admit, if I'm trying for good stripers- it's night and I'll have a bucket of eels. Shore fishing can definitely be a challenge there. Don't forget the light rod for some possible Albie or Bonito action too. If I can help, pm me.

Dave

I'm staying in Oak Bluffs. I am going with a guide one day after that I'll be on my own. I plan to take the flyrod for albies over near Chappie.I'm not looking for big stripers just something in the 40 pound range.wink.gif

lol You and about 3000 other anglers. It sounds like you might be there at the start of the Derby so get a pin just in case, you never know. I'll go hang on to the boat or truck for you if you win.biggrin.gif But it can clutter things up with fishermen and a sprinkling of yahoos. The area around the lighthouse (Edgartown) or on the Chappy beach side can be good esp. in the am. The gut can produce and of course Wasque (rip) is renown and a good place for the plugs or metal. Lobsterville is another known place and they will run the beach there. It's also calm water and a good place to fly fish. Most will try for albies down at the end or jetty but at night theres some good fishing going the other way. And there are some good spots for big stripers from shore but some are work to get to. Squibby is one. There's some good guys at Coops and they can also help.

View Postlol You and about 3000 other anglers. It sounds like you might be there at the start of the Derby so get a pin just in case, you never know. I'll go hang on to the boat or truck for you if you win.biggrin.gif But it can clutter things up with fishermen and a sprinkling of yahoos. The area around the lighthouse (Edgartown) or on the Chappy beach side can be good esp. in the am. The gut can produce and of course Wasque (rip) is renown and a good place for the plugs or metal. Lobsterville is another known place and they will run the beach there. It's also calm water and a good place to fly fish. Most will try for albies down at the end or jetty but at night theres some good fishing going the other way. And there are some good spots for big stripers from shore but some are work to get to. Squibby is one. There's some good guys at Coops and they can also help.

Thanks a lot. I am going to get a pin. You never know. I just want a chance to fish MV. Sure you can have the truck and the boat I would only have to pay the toll for the ferry. clapping.gif I also would like to get to Cuttyhunk to visit the fishing club but there are no water taxis that travel between them.Last year I went to the Cape to fish I fell the first day of the trip at the Submarine Museum in Groton and I was on crutches the whole trip and could not walk the beach. the only fishing I did was from a fishing pier.

Dang! Sounds like you'll probably fall off the ferry or get hit by a moped, lol

If you want pm as it gets closer, I may have a couple striper spots for ya. If I'm lucky I'll be out there as well. You'll love it. a lot of beautiful and fishy spots/

View PostDang! Sounds like you'll probably fall off the ferry or get hit by a moped, lol

If you want pm as it gets closer, I may have a couple striper spots for ya. If I'm lucky I'll be out there as well. You'll love it. a lot of beautiful and fishy spots/

That would be great.